OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope for hk 91

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshawtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2006 at 22:37

Cheaptrick, there is only one word I can say: "Ouch".  I cringe at the thought of a .300 Win mag sending enough recoil energy down onto the rifle and into my eye.  These are things one hears and reads about and hopes to never encounter.

I am glad to learn more and more each day.  I think I read the info a while back about the merits of a 30mm over the 1-inch tube and that one of them was more light in the tube by virtue of the larger surface area of the lens.  Maybe I misunderstood it or forgot the particulars since it has been a while back.  I wasn't aware that it was for W/E adjustments.  I guess that does also give the advantage of a better or more robust W/E adjustment mechanism.  I guess I stand corrected.

After much weighing of conscience, I have decided to post the importer information here.  Here is the translated page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u= %20http://www.i-e-a.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Di-e-a.de%26hl %3D%20en%26hs%3DEOJ%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg .mozil%20la:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG

(Original German: http://www.i-e-a.de/)

sf1, thanks for the heads up on that merchant as well.  I have him as one of my favorites.  I hope that you and others who are in search of Hesoldts find the link I posted to yall's liking.  Oh, and welcome to OT. :)

Gimme some of your tots!!!
Landpimp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2006 at 09:39
I PM'd you with the contact info for the illuminators.  I know of the german sight.....stuff to droll over for sure :)

the PTR is just fine, but to be honest I have not shot it much, I bought it then very soon after found the 91 and 93....so I have been mostly shooting those.

Originally posted by rshawtx rshawtx wrote:

Landpimp, those are some very pretty ladies.  When you get that Model 3, do let me know what you think.  If you would like to PM me, I could get you that contact information for that shop in Germany (i.e. aside from armeebus in Germany or wellcar in Georgia... both of which are merchants on ebay.)  Also, let me know where you found those $40 illuminators if you please.  I couldn't for the life of me find them.  I've tried "Hensoldt illuminators" but that didn't turn up anything.  I found one a while back but that went for 150 bones.  BTW, how does the PTR91-K measure up to the HK?

Thanks for the alternative Uri (Urimaginaryfrnd)!  I checked them out and for the price, those IOR tacticals are a very viable option.  Would you happen to know what batteries those illuminators take?  I like that the glass is made by Schott Glasswerk, Germany.  The reticles look functional.  I like that they are 35mm tubes (which take in more light).

By the nature of the beast in question (i.e. the HK91 and variants) the weapon is not meant as a 100% sniper weapon for precision shooting.  It's a battle rifle meant for medium-range engagement and supressive fire... the addition of a scope is meant to improve the lethality and accuracy of that fire... not to the degree of a tac driver but to the degree of ahelluvalotoffun... yet another technical term.
Heckler Koch and Land Cruiser nut
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic