OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

wisker biscuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 06:50
LOL true.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 07:29
Excellent
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2011 at 23:22
First I've heard of going from a drop to a biscuit. I wouldn't suggest going back since your happy with the change. Just makes me think the drop-away set must have been out of tune or something. Nothing wrong with biscuits just not as clean a shot as a drop, "usually". Happy huntin and good Luck!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
hydra7 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 19:20
Hilarious thread and I can not see my wife being at all happy with me shooting thru the house in any fashion
Give me a shot, I won't disappoint!
Midwest_Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2013 at 10:47
Only drawback I've noticed about the whisker biscuit is that you can hear the arrow sliding on the bristles when drawing back. I went with the Trophy Taker containment drop away and it's stone cold quiet and accurate. 
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2013 at 16:14
I have never used a Whisker Biscuit, but I have gone through some drop aways.

Trophy Ridge is what I started with and was displeased. After some reccomendations I decided to go with QAD.

From the persepective of hunting, I can see were a WB could be beneficial, because the arrow doesn't float, but I cannot get away from drop aways.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2013 at 17:44
I used a whisker biscuit for a while. They are good but over time it will start eating the fletching off the arrows. My son used an octain I think it is. its the newer version of the WB

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2013 at 23:01
Yep my archery buddies and I all have the same experience with Whisker Biscuits. They play hell on fletching / vanes. Nowadays, you can still get full containment and no fletching contact in the same rest. I've been using the QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro series drop-away for a year now, which has deep forks and a fixed bar overhead that keeps your arrow from falling off the rest while nocked. Yet, when you shoot and the launcher forks drop out of the way, the fixed bar is high enough that it doesn't interfere with the fletching as the arrow passes by the riser. I've been very happy with the QAD rest!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2013 at 06:51
I use a QAD HD. I love it. I broke my bar off, I don't think I'll do any shooting from upside down.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2013 at 08:37
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I use a QAD HD. I love it. I broke my bar off, I don't think I'll do any shooting from upside down.

You're missing out on one of the most underrated aspects of archery, Brandon... inverted tree stand hunting!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2013 at 09:06
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

You're missing out on one of the most underrated aspects of archery, Brandon... inverted tree stand hunting!

I know, I have tried it. It was a nice cold morning in November. I climbed up and buckled my self to the inverted lock on. I slowly pulled my gear up. got it all strapped down. I was READY... The sun broke the tops of the trees. rut - ro. I gotz to pee. well the rest of the hunt didn't turn out so well. Just like anything new you have to learn to do things different. I'm just now getting my sense of smell back. I thought I drowned in the tree. I learned really fast you can't "free hand" with this style of hunting. Oh yeah, my X-hunting partner was not amused when I ask him "here hold this for a second" gurgle gurgle cough cough. I still have not be able to get anyone to sit in a buddy stand with me....

hydra7 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2013 at 22:53
I will sit with ya buddy, no fear! It's only drawback isn't so much the smell, but how cold it gets once the heat is gone....being in Georgia that probably is not the case but if it is, would you cuddle to warm me up?Embarrased
Give me a shot, I won't disappoint!
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2013 at 05:49
Excellent
Originally posted by hydra7 hydra7 wrote:

I will sit with ya buddy, no fear! It's only drawback isn't so much the smell, but how cold it gets once the heat is gone....being in Georgia that probably is not the case but if it is, would you cuddle to warm me up?Embarrased

Sure.....

Excellent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic