OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remmington 700 Aftermarket Triggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remmington 700 Aftermarket Triggers
    Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:12
Aparently there is a difference between triggers pre 2006 and post 2006  (X Mark Trigger).
I have some remmingtons pre 2006 and post 2006 and am wanting to go to better triggers.
What do you have that you really like and what suggestions do you have.  Is there a replacement trigger for the X Mark Trigger or what suggestions do you have?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:21
http://swfa.com/Remington-C3990.aspx

These are not to shabby.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:47
+1 one on Timney triggers.  Thunbs Up

I have one on my m700 7mm mag and it made a big improvement. My rifle's pre-2006.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:50
Yep, Timney.
-Matt
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:51
Do they make one that replaces the X Mark trigger on the R5 ?

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:52

+yep.  I've had one in my S&W(Howa) for almost 25yrs.  NEVER a problem.  BUT the price has KINDA creeped up.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:11

CNBC'S REMINGTON UNDER FIRE: A CNBC INVESTIGATION Will Premiere On Wednesday, October 20th at 9PM ET

Sunday, October 24th at 10PM ET   <=====<<<<

Remmington 700

The result of a 10-month investigation, CNBC examines allegations that the world's most popular hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger, and that its manufacturer, Remington, has been aware of the situation for 60 years. Dozens of deaths and scores of injuries have been traced to the alleged problem. The story is told through corporate insiders, internal documents dating back to 1945, and a father searching for answers about the death of his nine-year-old son.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - October/24/2011 at 12:13

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:17
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

CNBC'S REMINGTON UNDER FIRE: A CNBC INVESTIGATION Will Premiere On Wednesday, October 20th at 9PM ET

Remmington 700

The result of a 10-month investigation, CNBC examines allegations that the world's most popular hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger, and that its manufacturer, Remington, has been aware of the situation for 60 years. Dozens of deaths and scores of injuries have been traced to the alleged problem. The story is told through corporate insiders, internal documents dating back to 1945, and a father searching for answers about the death of his nine-year-old son.

I thought they worked all that out about 2 years ago.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:24
That is old news.  It seems that pops up every few months.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:31
timney
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:31

The few I've seen do it were ones with improperly adjusted triggers.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 12:36

Do they make one that replaces the X Mark trigger on the R5 ?

Found this about the Timney replacement for the x-mark:

The trigger body is a thick aluminum housing. The safety is a bit stiff compared to the factory Remington triggers. I believe this is due to the use of a detent pin on the Timney versus the ball bearing on the Remington. However the movement is precise with no slop. When the trigger is placed on safe a pin protrudes from the left side of the housing. When installing this trigger it is critical to ensure you have enough room for this pin to do it's job.

The#510 trigger is not just another another rehashed Walker trigger. It does not use any of the components from the original Remington unit. Since you do not need the original safety or bolt release this trigger is perfect for replacement of the new Remington X-Mark triggers. Installation is as simple as knocking out the pins holding the trigger to the receiver, placing the new trigger on the receiver and driving the pins back in. Of course as always, safety checks must be done after any trigger work.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 13:33
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Remmington 700

I thought they worked all that out about 2 years ago.

I thought this put the BS to rest. Apparently once accused, true or false, it never really goes away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_KVS1hIbQg
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 15:34
I've sent a lot of rounds downrange with a Remington 700.  I've never had an "accidental discharge" of any sort.  Of course, I don't play around with firearms and their mechanisms against the manufacturer's recommendation.  I've never done anything TO one, other than completely replace a trigger group, clean it, etc.  I'm pretty sure I've never adjusted a factory Remington trigger... most every one I've ever had/handled was adjusted right at 3lb and that was plenty good.  I've seen guns that have been highly altered do some strange things, but when you start editing someone else's design, especially when you are just a "backyard gunsmith", you are asking for trouble.  I saw the CNBC show a couple of weeks ago... my immediate reaction was "HOGWASH".  I've wondered how I could have missed such a significant problem.  Good to know it was just a Z-rate "news" agency performing its normal anti-gun, anti-Constitutional propaganda.  

Obscenity-  lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.= CNBC
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 00:52
Ive had a lot of remmington rifles and never had a problem with an accidental discharge however the trigger on my R5 is probably close to 5 lbs so its up for an upgrade. 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 06:29
Yeah, Chaps my ass these people just plain out lie. I have worked a few triggers and they all have been great. I do take it apart and clean every little part of it. I do polish 2 points of the trigger. I do booger up the threads of the ajustment screws and paint back over them so I can tell if it has been messed with. The lowest I'll go is 3 pounds on a normal hunting rifle for someone I don't know or just getting into shooting. Now close friends I'll work them to what they want, I still cover my ass. When you pick up rifle and sign ticket you wave me over yoour wrong doings. I show you the rifle will not sear drop and then we do paper work.

yeah the triggers are heavy from the factory now'a'days. There are tons of triggers (after market) Huber, jewell,shilen timney. all are great and would serve you well.  

I found my new 2,500 yard scope... It can be seen at 13:14. Its saweet...

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 07:18
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I found my new 2,500 yard scope... It can be seen at 13:14. Its saweet...

huh?
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 10:13

look at the video....

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 10:16
gotcha.  i'm slow, remember my rideShort Bus
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2011 at 10:20
I know, I know.

Wes, keep us posted on what trigger you go with.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic