OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Sig or Ziess Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charles coker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Sig or Ziess Conquest
    Posted: February/07/2006 at 19:55

I have a nikon monarch 3-9x40 on my Sako 243, used for mainly deer and hog hunting in south texas, 75-250 yard shots

I like the scope.. very clear, to my eyes it's sharper than a VXIII 3.5-10

I have also had on the same gun an older vxiic 3-9x40, fullfield II 4.5-14 (not as good as the older Leupold at dusk) Sightron S2 3-12x42.  The Nikon to my eyes is clearer and sharper that the above

I want a bit more power, don't really "need" it for deer hunting for the average shots..

I like more power for the range and doing tight groups at 200 yards

so.. I have decided on the Burris Signature 3-12x44 or Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44

I have compared the Zeiss directly against a VIII 4.5-14 and the Nikon Monarch 4-12

both were sharper than the VXIII (and that's hard for me to admit, growing up with nothing but Leupolds around)

so..

the real question is the Zeiss $200 nicer than the Burris Signature series (which I have not tried) ?

Pretty easy to talk myself into the Zeiss... it was extremely clear, not a big scope, side adjust parallax

probably get away with the same rings I have now as the front bell wasn't really that much bigger than the Nikon

etc..

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2006 at 20:56

I prefer the Zeiss, but both are good.

ranburr

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2006 at 07:20
One feature I really like about the Zeiss is that it has an etched reticle rather than wire. This feature alone influenced me to purchase a Conquest last year.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2006 at 09:36
Both are very good scopes, so you cant go wrong with either one.  I bought a Zeiss Conquest last year and a Bushnell 4200 Elite both scopes are awsome as well as the Burris you are looking at.  It will come down to personal preference, if you have the money and are willing to spend the difference I'd go with the Zeiss, it will be a bit better in low light and I hate to be a "brand" kind of guy but if you ever deciede to sell it they hold their value well.
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2006 at 18:05
Zeiss.........
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic