OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold VX-III Reticle Changeout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristof2319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold VX-III Reticle Changeout
    Posted: December/06/2011 at 19:02
Does anyone know if Leupold can change out a reticle on an existing scope that is less than one year old.  It's a 4.5-14 VX-III with the 30 mm tube and a duplex reticle and I'd like to change it out to a TMR reticle.  Is this even do-able?  Cost?  I presume the Leupold Custom Shop would be the stop but they're super hard to get ahold of.  Any help?  Thanks everyone!
"...but they will never take our FREEDOM!"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2011 at 19:20
Probably a lot easier to trade it in on a scope that has the reticle you are looking for you can get a price quote if you fill out the form on this link otherwise call the custom shop but a trade would be a lot quicker and less painful.
Leupold 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope TMR Leupold 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - LEU60005
  • Matte
  • Tactical Milling Reticle
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • M1 Target Knobs
  • Free Leupold Flip-Open Lens Covers w/ Purchase
  • Includes FREE Leupold Boresighter
$1,199.95 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - December/06/2011 at 19:20

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2011 at 02:14
Yes - I recently asked Leupold if I could get a Varmint Hunter Reticle in my 12XFXIII, they said they could do it and quoted somewhat over $100 plus shipping and insurance of about $20. Don't know about a TMR but I would be surprised if they could not handle that.

Some time ago I asked if I could get a mil dot reticle installed in my 4.5-14X40 M4 and they quoted about $125 or about.

This summer I sent back a 25 year old plus 12X40 M8 for installation of target adjustments. My scope was gone for about 2 weeks and came back with the target adjustments installed plus a complete inspection, nitrogen refilling and resealing. Leupold also installed, no charge, a new multi coat 4 objective lens.

I sent customer service an email, they quoted a price and shipping instructions, I shipped off the scope. When the work was completed Leupold left me a voice mail for payment & shipping instructions and I had the scope 3 days later.

Great friendly service  - this is why I am willing to pay 25% - 35% more for a Leupold scope.
kristof2319 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristof2319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2011 at 02:56
Thanks for the help.  i'll try the email route to Leupolds Custom Shop.  That'll be way cheaper than another $500 for a trade.  Glad it went well for you.
"...but they will never take our FREEDOM!"
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2011 at 05:32
I had a reticle change out in the past couple of years.  They quoted me over the phone, I shipped it out and they contacted me when payment was due.  All told, less than 3 weeks out and back.

I only have one Leupold, but I have to say the service was great.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2011 at 07:38
Their Custom Shop can handle it!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic