OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:12
Try fly paper?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:15
Not yet, but its on the list.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:20
My grandma uses it in her country kitchen to keep the knats controlled.  She does a lot of canning and makes jellies and stuff in there so normally a steady supply of fruit flies.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:27
So what kind of jellies and/or jams does she makeMerry Christmas?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:34
PM me your address and I'll send you someWink
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 09:55
Done!
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 11:08
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Mornin allCoffee
Can someone tell me how to get rid of gnats without using insect poisons. I think they came in on some oranges, and they are taking over the ketchen. We are keeping foods sealed and put up and dirty dishes are going straight to the dishwasher when we are done with them. We've been killing them the old fashined way, but as soon as we think we have them under control we'll move something and a dust cloud of gnats rises up, and the swating begins.

Likely these are not gnats but are a species of fruit fly. Once the rotting fruit is removed, their days are numbered. You can get some traps that use attractants (like vinegar for example) to capture the little buggars. Just Goggle fruit fly traps. If that's not what you want, suck the rascals up in a vacuum (HEPA filtered is the best).

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 11:39
Lynn,  You can solve all your bug problems over night....just sleep in the kitchen and in the morning it will be a no-fly zone! Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 11:44
Or you could cook a big pot of chilli with plenty of peppers and stay in the kitchen for the aftermath, no no wait nevermind you said no poison.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 12:40
Thanks Bugs!
I ate the last orange this morning, and I'll gargle fruit fly trapsBucky
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 20:43
Evening fellas.

Work completely blocked the OT....guess they finally caught up with me lol.

Anyhooo, have my 6.8 SPC (black widow Big Grin) upper and lower put together.

I'll put up pics ASAP. I can't believe how much tighter the tolarances are between the billet receivers over my forged BCM (which was still a GREAT rifle).

It's FAR lighter as well with the tubular top rail only handguard (Samson Evo 11") although i have 3 other sectons that came with it, that can be attached anywhere which is sweeeeeet!

I need optics yet but i think i may cream my pants over the Geissele trigger. I went with the Super 3 gun trigger and it's about as close to perfect as you can get.

I'm getting close to having enough scratch put together for optics and a good sling. Been saving like crazy but had to do the respectful thing and buy my wife and family some darn Christmas presents Big GrinWink

Edited by shooter07 - December/20/2011 at 20:44
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 20:51
I'm getting close to having enough scratch put together for optics and a good sling. Been saving like crazy but had to do the respectful thing and buy my wife and family some darn Christmas presents Big Grin

You mean you didn't ask for those for Christmas?Christmas ListStare

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2011 at 21:05
I'm married, i know better Lynn Wink

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 07:33
Morning all!

Good to hear your getting it close to done.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 07:41
How have you been doing G?

Any big news over the last few weeks?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 08:06
Nothing new.  Same ole same ole.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 08:08

I can get you the SS 1-4 to try out after Jan 7th.... I have a shot that weekend and try to take the SS scopes with me for folks to see.  If you want just let me know and you can try it out.

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 08:37
Awesome man, i'll let you know and thanks for the offer!

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 09:46
Mornin allCoffee
Update on the fruit fly war; day 5 of the invasion. After recieving vital intelligence from allies (BugsnBows and SVT-tactical)), new tactics and stratagies were put into place and vital new weapons were placed into the procurement process. As of last evening, it seemed as if our new field expiedent weapons (fruit fly trap) were performing with deadly efficency. Vital supplies (food sources) were being denied to the enemy, and more intelligence was being gathered by our vast intelligence network (internet). However, the enemy has launched a counter offensive this morning that has retaken the gains made yesterday. A reconisance drone was spotted early this morning in our rear staging area (the bathroom), but evaded our anti-flycraft fire. When the new super weapons (fruit fly trap) were approached for inspection, the enemy launched their massive attack. While the concentration of forces seemed to have been weakened, it was soon evident that the enemy was attacking on a broader front and we were soon outflanked and had to withdraw to asses the situation. Some of the new tactics and stratagies were rapidly employed. At this point Command and Control (wife) decided it was time to procure a new super weapon (fly paper) recommended by allies. We have since identified a secret base and supply depot (rotting hedge applies ) and destroyed it. New supper weapons (fruit fly traps and fly paper) are being procured at this time. The cost has been high, but our valient forces are bravely fighting this evil, dispickable, and devious enemy (fruit flys) and VICTORY is just within our grasp.  
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2011 at 09:51
That is one of the greatest things i've ever read Lynn....thank you for making my monring!

Roll on Floor Laughing
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 1639>
  Share Topic