OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 14:30
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I feel prettyOh so prettyI feel pretty and witty and gayAnd I pityAny girl who isn't me today

Ct, you'd be popular in eastern Ky.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 08:34
Mornin allCoffee
Gave up my weekly trip to KCR with the guys, to make some ot (extremely rare to get nowdays).
Thought I'd slip in here and wipe some boogers under the deskRoll Eyes while nobody is here.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 08:39
Looking just the opposite for me...I have been warned that this is probably my last weekend off for 3 months! Yay money! (but no time to spend it), I guess that's why I got married.Bucky
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 09:15
When I first started here, we were required to work 12 hour days (just after 9-11-01), and could work all the ot we wanted. Even after things calmed down, ot wasn't a problem, until the new Director came in. Now they would rather run short of personel, and endanger operations, than to pay some one overtime.
The only reason I'm getting ot now, is because the FBO is paying it.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 09:20
The last week has been 12 hr shifts, and last weekend was nights, I am still kinda out of wack.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 10:09
My first 9 years on the PD was rotating shifts. Every 28 days we rotated. Just as soon as your body started to get used to one shift, we changed to another. I was glad when we went to perminant shifts, even if it was late watch, with an A-hole Lt..
We had it better than the Co. Police; they rotated every 7days. They went to fixed shifts long before we did though.
I feel for you changing shifts all the time. I couldn't do it now.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 11:28
SOE you got a pic of the hat you'll be weaing for the Derby Big Grin
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 11:40
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

SOE you got a pic of the hat you'll be weaing for the Derby Big Grin
No picture, but I see your familiar with Derby tradition.
When I worked Derby details at the track, none of us ever wore hats in uniform. They only got in the way, and were worthless.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 07:24
Good Morning all.  Its monday!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 07:57
Norning G, have a nice one?

I took the grandson fishing at the Trout Farm Yesterday and boy did he have a blast!  he caught three rainbows with the largest over 2lbs.  I've never seen him so excited.  he was chackin Fishees! SmileExcellent.  He must have checked on them in hte cooler about a thousand times!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 08:12
Thats nice.  Weekend was sub par.  bad time of the year as is the first of every may.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 09:05
This is what I got to do all weekend. 2000 chairs, 60x80 stage. the GT banner is 50x50feet

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 09:39
Mornin allCoffee
It's MONDAY,woohoo.

The Derby is overCrutchand summer has semi-officially begun.

Bud, sounds like you had a great weekend. Does your grandson want to eat the fish, mount them, or get them out and play with them?

Big D, looks like graduation time there.

Why so glum, G?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 10:10
Lynn.....he wants to do all three!!!  Chip off the ole block! Wink

When he left to go to his dad's he was singing a fishee song he made up.

I'm guessing G's down in homage to his late big brother. RIP! But thats just a guess.

Sure am glad I don't have BD's day job!!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 10:13
Buds got it. 

Mom had a rough day yesturday and it will be a rough week.  with his birthday and mothers day rounding it out, not looking foward to it.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 10:59
Your lucky in that your near her to comfort her and tell her ya love her.  I have to tell my mom that via a phone call on my brothers Bday (8/4).  When Mom visits during the summer I always try to have her visit that week.  It's bad you any parent to loose a child, my Mom took it exceptionally hard loosing her youngest first.  Ouch

My condolences to both you and your mom, G!  i know what it's like....
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 11:11
yeah Its actually been 12 years yesturday.  He'd have been 29 this wednesday, 18 months older than me.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 10:06
Mornin allCoffee

I am ate up, with tick and chigger bites. I hate them little bass terds.

How's your day going?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 11:12
Next time wear clothes when you walk the dog....Cool
Rested up from Derby day?
--Thomas Jefferson

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 11:59
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Mornin allCoffee

I am ate up, with tick and chigger bites. I hate them little bass terds.

How's your day going?
Get yourself some Guinea fowl and/or turkeys and let 'em roam around. They'll fix any tick/flea problem right quick. Don't know what you'd do about chiggers... 'cept use bug spray and take Bud's advice (please).
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 1639>
  Share Topic