OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 12:15
Wife and I are going through a can of Deep Woods Off a week, and still getting ticks and chiggers.
I thought about the Guinea fowl, but we don't know if the dogs would kill or run them off; plus they can't be everywhere.

You say wearng clothes will help?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 15:08
It will help your neighbors and the vomiting problem for sure!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 15:11
BF they make a granular pesticide that you can apply to your yard to keep insects and such out, for the most part you won't even  notice an ant.  I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head but you have to have a commercial liscense to buy it here.  Although with you tromping through the roads on your walks I'm not sure if you'd want to spread it there as well.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 15:14
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

It will help your neighbors and the vomiting problem for sure!
 If they're vomiting, then they should stay off my property or go to the doctor.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 15:21
Probably wouldn't be cheap to treat a mile and a half of trails.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 08:29
Sulfur pills will help. Just be sure not to overdose if you have to be around the public. It will give a slight body odor that the pest will avoid. It doesn't take much. If you get the powder it only takes a small pinch.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Sulfur pills will help. Just be sure not to overdose if you have to be around the public. It will give a slight body odor that the pest will avoid. It doesn't take much. If you get the powder it only takes a small pinch.
Ticks and chicks both will leave me alone.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 09:19
Mornin allCoffee
Weather here is great, clear skies and the highs will only be in the low 70s. Why am I at work? I think I feel a littleSick In Bed
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 09:34
Mornin allCoffee
The President says he now approves of gay mairrage. I guess Bud, Bd, G, and Scooter will be changing their votes nowStiring The Pot
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 10:16
Hey hey hey....... joke all you want about our bromance, start joking that we voted for that asshat and I'll have to throw you a beatin'!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 10:36
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Hey hey hey....... joke all you want about our bromance, start joking that we voted for that asshat and I'll have to throw you a beatin'!
Such an angry tone. Must still be mad about the gay mairrage amendment vote resultsWink
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 10:53
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Mornin allCoffee
The President says he now approves of gay mairrage. I guess Bud, Bd, G, and Scooter will be changing their votes nowStiring The Pot

It does if you changed your answer too! Wink
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 11:04
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Mornin allCoffee

It does if you changed your answer too! Wink
Huh?
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 15:08

Me and my brothers used to use sulfur powder.
We filled a sock with it.
When we went outside we just patted the sock around the tops of our socks.
Never was an issue after that.
Dillon@SWFA.com
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:02
Mornin allCoffee

What's happenin?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:13
Originally posted by dillon_h dillon_h wrote:

Me and my brothers used to use sulfur powder.
We filled a sock with it.
When we went outside we just patted the sock around the tops of our socks.
Never was an issue after that.
 We're going to try garlic capsules, and see if that helps. I'm also going to try some really badass repellant that only goes on the clothes, if there is any left.

I actually walked the dogs without getting a tick on me yesterday. Of course I hosed myself down with DW Off, it was in the mid 60s, and I cut the walk short, but no ticks.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:28
What's getting bad around here is the mosquitoes.

I can't even sit on the back porch anymore with getting eaten alive by a sqaudron of killer skeeters.
They are everywhere around here. Everytime I walk outside I become a ninja master trying to swat all of them away.Karate I am going to try the ThermaCell cartridges.

I had some Citronella candles surrounding the porch and watched the little things land on the side of the candle and sit there while the candle was burning. Loco
Dillon@SWFA.com
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:42
Need to get yourself a fogger!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:43
Morning Lynn!  ready for the weekend?  bet your going thru shoot withdrawal about now... Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 09:54
Tried the fogger cans and everything.

These are massive terminator mosquitoes.

Dillon@SWFA.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 1639>
  Share Topic