OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:23
Its going.  Been busy!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:34
Happy lunchtime guys!

Well I've been tinkering with my 93' F250.  Looks like I am going to have to replace most of the brake hardlines.  After closer inspection there is corrosion areas on every freaking section of the hardline under the truck!  I finished replacing a 6 foot section of hardline that went from the back axle hose 2/3rds the way up the driver's side frame rail.  While bleeding the system darn if another section started leaking.  No real biggy just frustrating.... Flaring hardlines whike under an F250 isn't exactly my idea of fun especially with all the rust raining down on me!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:37
Flare then crawl under...... duh! lol
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:38
you could always buy them pre cut and flared - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/FD/full.aspx?page=137  $219.99
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:46
You seem to forget  I'm blue collar poor!  25 foot coil of hardline is about one third the price of a single piece of OEM preshaped hardline!!!!  When I'm fishing hardline down a framerail I always flare the feed end before I go under.  Then route the line and cut to length and flare in location.  I'll be able to do all the flaring for the back axle itself while vertical...hopefully.
I'm worried that I'll end up having to replace wheel cylinders and hoses cause I can't get the fitings loose.... well I guess I'm going to find out.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 11:54
I'm back after 4hrs of sleep and some more work.  Almost done, so I can take it a bit easier while the folks are here.  Thanks for the tip on night and day, Bud.  I was here for all of both yesterday.  7:30 yesterday morning until 2:30am this morning.  It happens sometimes.  Tomorrow I'll be scarce, though.Yippee
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:01
Hey Bud, that truck 4WD?
Maybe if Pencilveinya didn't have so much snow and put so much salt on the roads, you'd still have brake linesBucky
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:01
I used to be able to go multiple days without sleep... NOT anymore!  I'm at the wonderful stage of life where I'm tired if I don't get my usual 5-6 hours and I my back hurts if I get anything over 6 hours!  Gettin old sucks!!!  No wonder Lynn is so grumpy! Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:05
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey Bud, that truck 4WD?
Maybe if Pencilveinya didn't have so much snow and put so much salt on the roads, you'd still have brake linesBucky
LOL, yeah it's a '93 F250 4X4.  It did spend the first several years of it's life in Maryland and Maryland is about the salt happiest state in the CONUS!!! PA actually uses very little salt.  Instead they use more traction material and sand.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

I'm back after 4hrs of sleep and some more work.  Almost done, so I can take it a bit easier while the folks are here.  Thanks for the tip on night and day, Bud.  I was here for all of both yesterday.  7:30 yesterday morning until 2:30am this morning.  It happens sometimes.  Tomorrow I'll be scarce, though.Yippee

Glad yuu got that many hours!  Don't think anything I read or did would be worht much after about 12 hours strait!  Now go enjoy the kids and your folks at the zoo.  You said you have to serve tomorrow?
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:11
So, Deck, your going to give the kids bows and arrows and going to the petting zoo. You really do need to get more sleep.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 12:39
The petting zoo is what I call my house when my folks arrive.  The show up, ooh and aah over the kids for a couple days, and then they leave.  Hopefully dad brings the bow and arrow set he bought for my daughter.  I can't wait to start teaching her how to shoot...not that I'm qualified to do it, but whatever.  It will be fun.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 13:12

That clears things up, but I must admit, I was looking forward to the entertainment value.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 13:47
Stay tuned for her first lesson....stuck grandpappy! Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 14:03
lol,  hope the arrows come with rubber tipped blunts!
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 14:07
Thanks for reminding me Graham.  I need to make a note to get some flu-flu feathers and a quick fletch jig for some of my older arrows with the big blunt tips this weekend (for the coons).
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 14:48
lol,  You need the G5 small game heads!
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2012 at 16:45
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

lol,  You need the G5 small game heads!

Do those work pretty well?  I seem to recall hearing some good reports on them, but that was a while (years) back.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 07:34
Yeah i bought a few used and have used them a few times.  opposums hate themWink
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 08:08
I was digging through my old archery tackle boxes last night and found a stack of flu-flu feathers.  So now all I need is the jig.  Too bad they don't make a re-fletch kit that has them.  Much easier.  One other question:  how many arrows did you ruin hitting a rock, etc.?  Seems they wouldn't be very forgiving if you hit something hard and a $7 arrow would be down the tubes.

Oh, and Mornin' Gents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 1639>
  Share Topic