OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 08:16
None,  I hit a metal building almost square on and didnt damage the arrow.  I did go to walmart and buy some cheap arrows and use them on those but even those don't break like you'd think with those heads.  I don't really mess with them much during the hunting season because i have to adjust my pins for them but as soon as seasons over I move back to them.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 08:28
Thanks.  I may set up my backup bow for them.  It's a '97 Mathews Feathermax, but still shoots well.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:04
I think you'd like them.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:27
Mornin comradesCoffee
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:34
Morning Donut patrol Captain
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:35
MMMMMM donuts!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:37
lol.   Some hot krispy kreme donuts would be good right now
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:44
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

lol.   Some hot krispy kreme donuts would be good right now
Stop it! There is no way I can get to Krispy Kreame to get some of those hot raspberry jelly filled donuts, and all your doing is making me so hungry that my spelling is starting to suck, and my concentration is starting to wander and all I can do is think about smoe fo htose hto Kripsy Kream Bluebelly  donuts too.
So stopit, before I strike again. 
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:47
There aren't any Kispy Kreme's  around here anymore. Which really really sucks! But I am fixin to go down to the grocery store bakery...
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:54

Just think about it when that neon hot sign is on........Sorry I can stop..... if we get a picture of the pup.

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:55
Boy, a couple of glazed donuts from Dale's #9 down the street and a few kolaches is starting to sound pretty good right now.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 09:57
I ate a dozen glazed Krispy Cremes and a 1/2 dozen boston kreme Krispy Kremes at one sitting the day after I graduated from Ranger School.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 10:25

I lost another friend yesterday. He was a retired LPD detective, and firearms instructor. He was a trusted, serious, and respected law enforcement officer, who was also a cutup and funny. It was hilarious to watch him get our sgt. all riled up like a wet banty rooster, and then walk away from him; and they were good friends too. He was there when we started building our firearms training program; that eventually became the most respected in the state, and that includes Feds too.

I last saw him at the visitation for one of my captains a few months ago. He seemed fine and like himself. I found out that cancer got him. I was suprised when Mes. BF told me of his death.
He was a good cop, and a good friend. I will miss him.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 10:41
Sorry for your loss, Lynn. It's a damned shame that good men die.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 11:23
Sorry to hear it, Lynn.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 11:25
Man, what is it with you Lynn?  you loose more friends and relatives in a month then the rest of us do in a year!!!!  Prayers out to you, mrs BF and you friend
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 11:50
Sorry to hear Lynn....  Your run of luck ain't the best lately. 
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 12:16
You ain't lying!!! Whacko

Always seems the best leave too soon.  I don't see how Lynn keeps from getting depressed about it!  Maybe it's the OT support group that keeps him going..... or is that....keeps him fighting mad! Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 12:37
Thanks guys.
I will miss my friend, he went to soon, and I'm sorry he's gone, but it wasn't me that went.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2012 at 13:05
Dang it the link is broken...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 1639>
  Share Topic