OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 23:14
 Spent the past week and a half in Denver and New Mexico attending  training conferences. The Mountains were cool and lots of deer and antalope.
    Took the 22-250 and got in a half day of PDs comming across near Clayton NM. Skylar, welcome. I will get some pics up soon.
    For Doves I have had good luck using my double barrel pedersoli BP muzzle loader the last few years. Not good for fast reloads, but it sure gets everyones attention when it goes off.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 06:41
I bet that thing will wake the dead!!! Excellent Excellent Excellent
Dove and Quail hunting brings back memories of living in Miami Florida.  I used to dirt bike ride out in the remains of an old aboandoned WWII army base.  Also our chosen place to target shoot since there were still concrete bunkers to shoot into.  Florida is flat for those that don't know and Miami only has a little topsoil before your into coral reef substructure so berms are hard to build. 

Found out the hardway, that come dove season, thats the last place to be!!!!  All the crazies (rednecks and cubans) would come from miles and hunter density was ridiculous!  They also blasted away at anything that flew even sparrows and finches.  All the houses around that area got pelted with bird pelts.  Someone got hit on a daily bases...  After a couple of close calls I alwyas made it a plan to be elsewhere during dove season.  Hmmmm wonder why I miss the 1970s.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 06:45
Morning old bitches.... How's it dangling so far today?
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 07:42
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Spent the past week and a half in Denver and New Mexico attending  training conferences. The Mountains were cool and lots of deer and antalope.
    Took the 22-250 and got in a half day of PDs comming across near Clayton NM. Skylar, welcome. I will get some pics up soon.
    For Doves I have had good luck using my double barrel pedersoli BP muzzle loader the last few years. Not good for fast reloads, but it sure gets everyones attention when it goes off.

Love that area. 

Went hunting outside of Raton a few years back. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 07:54
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Should rename this thread "Crotchity old geezers"...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 08:04
To the right bigdaddy...

Hows everyone else doing?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 08:06
Morning fellas
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 08:09
Mornin' Gents.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 08:17
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Should rename this thread "Crotchity old geezers"...

Excellent
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 08:17

Howdy

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 09:34
Good morning! Well my boy's team won, 53-0. And did it with less than 200 yards of total offense! They got the ball 6 times inside the other teams 20 yard line in the first quarter. The defense was ROCKIN'!

We also adopted a Schnauzer/Poodle mix yesterday. She is a very quiet, self contained little dog, that has sweet disposition, and a neat personality!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:06

Cool Billy.  Now you have a companion to keep you company while you heal

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:08
Pictures of the pooch will be needed though.  If you put them up in the next month you'll probably still beat Lynn's puppy pictures he's been gonna show usBig Grin
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:14
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Pictures of the pooch will be needed though. 

+1.  Congrats on the win and the little yapper.

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

If you put them up in the next month you'll probably still beat Lynn's puppy pictures he's been gonna show usBig Grin

+ a bunch more.  I think Mrs. BF won't let him take pictures of HER dog.  Or he can't work the camera because it's not like the old kind with the hood and handheld flash he used in law enforcement in the 19th century.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:17
Laugh Above
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:32
He tries I will give him credit.  ITs getting them from the camera to the pooter that gives him fitsBucky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 10:52
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 11:04
Cute pup.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 11:22
Don't think thats a puppy....seriously needs a haircut....high and neat right Billy!

So I think too many of tyou were trying to do my job....ganging up on BF that way. Excellent

Oh wait a minute...guess I'm one of them "Crotchity old geezers"..... never mind!

Hope you like that pooch Billy.  Both Poodles and Schnausers are smart dogs.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 11:31
Hey bud, daughter come home? Hows mom and baby?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1639>
  Share Topic