OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 11:54
The two of them came home yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately Everybody but the baby caught something nasty from the Hospital.  An upper respiratory bug.  I extremely rarely catch one of those, I usually get a sinus infection. 

It sucks, I'm off today and had planned to spend time with the baby so my daughter could catch up on some rest.  I'm afraid to go around the baby cause I have a fever and am hacking up crude!  God forbid I give it to Ella!!!!

So, I'm feling like Chit and laying around upstairs.  Hope this thing doesn't ruin my 4 day weekend!!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 12:36
Hope not.  take anything?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 19:26
Sorry Bro I took a handfull of meds and hit teh sheets!  Nice little 5+hr sleep....too bad I don't feel any better.  Man I hate fevers!  They just take everything out of me.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2012 at 08:30
Morning guys
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2012 at 09:06
Howdy- got rain? The hurricane set another stalled high pressure over us, so we're in another 100+ degree week.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2012 at 10:48
63 days and a wakeup
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 07:46
BRAGGING TIME!!!!
Good Morning Boys and Girls! 

Hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend!  I sure did, even though the last half was rather wet...
My daughter and granddaughter came home Thursday afternoon from the hospital.  She had 3 days to cuddle and rest up before the grandson came back from his father's yesterday.  I can't believe how quiet Ella is.  The only time she's cried is when she was really hungry.  Boy does she have an appetite!!! Whacko
I was a little worried at how Aiden would recieve his new competitionj for mom's attention but he seems enamored... hope it remains that way!!!
My daughter swears Aiden grew a foot in the last week...I just laughed and told her that her ruler had been reset.

Abrielle Grace Whiteshield
                     Born 8/28/2012 at 6:37pm EST 
                     6lb 13oz 18.5 inches long
                     perfect in every way!!!!!!!!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 08:07
WOW what a cutie! CONGRATS. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 08:07
Congrats Grandbud!  Beautiful kiddo.

Mornin' Gents.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 09:42
Mornin comradesCoffee

I had a wonderful weekend. Took friday off so I could get some exttra work done before to the rains from Issac came in. Trina and Trooper were sick all night Thursday night and we had to take them to the vet, but they're doing much better now. Got to shoot a 03-A3 Springfield (Remington) Sat. A.M., untill the target fell over, but 21 rounds was plenty since I was making consistent head shots on a pepper popper at 100yds, offhand.
The best is yet to come. Mrs. BF and I were on our way to eat out at our new favorite steakhouse. When we got to the bottom of the drive, we discovered that Issac left us with most of next years fire wood supply. A maple tree that was a sappling when the Mayflower came over, was laying across our drive. We couldn't get out. We were so happy, I got to back the Subaru up 3 tenths of a mile of crooked steep driveway; it was so uch fun. Then Mrs.BF got to cook supper instead of us going out to eat; she was thrilled, since she rarely get to cooks on Saturdays. Sunday I got to process that wonderful gift from Issac all by myself. I got a weeks worth of workouts all in just one day, how convienent, now I can relax for the rest of the week.
I got our new supply of fire wood processed just in time, because Mrs.BF's brother called and said their mom was confused, unable to speak, or concentrait. We got to go over there and call an ambulance; it was so exciting. Then we got to go to the hospital, and watch the doctors play what's wrong with mom.
I'm so sorry that great weekend is over. I'm just excited to know that I have more wood to process in the the upcoming weekends, and My MIL may be spending the next 1 out of 4 weeks with me and Mrs. BF, from now till who knows when.

Bud, That's one cute grand daughter. I can see why your so proud. Your grand son has a good stance too.

Am I still a crocthety old grouch now?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 10:31
62 days and a wake up
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 15:23
Ok, I'll try a more traditional approach.

Took a day off last Friday to get some extra work done around the place, but the dogs were sick all night and kept Mrs. BF and I up all night, and we had to spend half the day at the vets office. The pup is better, but Trina is still having issues and may need to be scoped. Worked my a$$ off Friday afternoon, but my equipment kept breaking down, but I got part of what I wanted to done before the rain started.
Got to shoot a 03-A3 Springfield, Sat. A.M. at a pepper popper at 100yds. Only made head shots from the off hand position. Oh hell, you know this part.
Had to dog sit while Mrs, BF went to the store, and the boogers wouldn't leave me alone. After Mrs. BF got home, it rained like somebody poured a boot full of pi$$ out. Mrs. BF and I tried to go out for dinner that evening but a tree that was a sappling when the Mayflower landed fell across the drive way, at the bottom of the hill, and we were trapped at home. Had to back the car all the way back up the drive. What a pain in the neck, literally! Mrs. BF had to fix supper on a Saturday night, and she b!tched the whole time, while I took the water tank off the truck and got all the tools ready. Got the Makers out after dinner and got plowed.
Sunday morning I started in on the tree. I had to be careful and not get the saw pinched in the tree, which I almost did. I had a hell of a time getting this tree where I could start cutting out of my drive. When I cut the top off, my 16" bar wasn't long enough to make one cut from one side. It started raining and I had to quit for about 3 hours. I had to cut the tree in lengths of no more than 16", or I couldn't move them. I got the drive cleared about 6:30 PM, and I was soaked from sweat, and so sore I couldn't move.
Monday I had to dog sit again while Mrs. BF spent some time away from the kids. I was goint togo to the range for a cup of coffee when she got back, but not long after she came in, her brother called. He suspected thet their mother had had a stroke (that's right, he still lives with his mother, but that's another story). He wouldn't call an ambulance because he was affraid his mother would refuse to go tothe hospital. We had to go over, check her out, and call an ambulance. When we finally got home, the pup had left presents for us all over the place.
I was glad to come to work, er ah, my job today.

Guys, I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I adapted, improvised, overcame, and survived. Just be glad you didn't have my weekend, and I hope you get a chuckle out of it. That would make all my misery worth it.........................................not really, but anything would help right now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2012 at 16:04
Get plowed sounds like the hi popint ofg your weekend!  Hope you weren't hung over! 

Sorry the pooches were sick,  where did that come from?  Did they get into something they shouldn't have?  At least kids have dispers! And just thing you got some fire wood for free... a littel green but it will burn... 

Glad you survived your weekend!
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 07:53
Mornin, Gents.  Hope everyone's day turns out better than Lynn's weekend!
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 08:42
Morning everyone.

How's yall's day going.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 08:43
My son had another game yesterday, they won 41-6! And Mike had an interception! Kinda rare for a defensive tackle... The other team was trying to throw a middle screen, and the QB was rather short. He tried to loft it over Mike's head, but he was just to close, and reached up snagged it as the QB let it go. He was then in so much shock that he caught the ball, that he forgot to run...Bucky
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 08:43
Morning Skylar!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 08:44
Hey Bill.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 09:08
It sprinkled this morning. Not much, but it did turn the dust darker. We were sure hoping that the hurricane would have come this way. As far as the past weekend Monday I hauled the tractor 30 miles to the farm to mow the old soybean field with my new Land Pride brush hog. 3/4 way around a 11 ac field the tail wheel snapped off. The yoke broke off because of a bad weld. Quality control is lacking in everything these days.  Shocked Yesterday I carried it into the dealer and he met me at the door. His first words was is off a Land Pride.  The good part was it was 106 Monday and the broken tail wheel got me out of mowing in the heat. Next Saturday is predicted to be 20 deg. cooler. Smile
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2012 at 09:22
I'd have been 1220º under the collar if my new deck broke!!!  Sounds like Lands Pride doesn't do any weld inpsections.... sad sad state of affairs!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 1639>
  Share Topic