OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 12:53
For after Mrs. BF's half nelson fully Monty!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 12:57
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Yeah i did Saturday.  Had a big nasty doe stare me down from 65 yards all the way up to 25 yards.  I was on the ground in cover and she never took her eyes off me for me to draw back.  In the mood I was in from hitting one Friday I was going to put the shoot straight into her chest I didn't care...... guess its a good thing she didn't turn until she was right on me and took off when she did.

She had you pegged in a blind from 65yards??!?  I'm thinking she smelt ya! Whacko
Sounds like you needed a crossbow!  I

I was cheking out the rage website Sat and wtched an uneditted video of several kills using the 2 blade rage.  MAN does that thing open up a hole!!!  You could easily see blood flying and none of the deer went over 50 yds!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 13:25
The rage is definitely a cutting head.  Saved me by nicking the liver on a shot that I landed a little too far back a couple of years ago.  With that said, I'm still shooting 'tricks this year.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 13:47
There you are...I was beginning to think I'd run you off... Hippie
I only got a bow last year... G's hand me down.  So I'm still learning about them.  Sure know one thing... these compounds are hell of a lot easier to shoot then recurves!  i picked that bow up and hte first time I shot it I was doing 6" at 30yds pretty repeatable... till I got tired.

Bow season in PA starts Sept 28th...  But as my luck would have it the twp private land places I had lind up evaporated.... one the owner died and his widow immediately stopped the hunting.  The other sold last month! Really Sad so unless I get invited... it's saturated public land for at least 2 hour drive...

I've ben trying to get into a hunting club up around Hershey, PA that shares land 1200+ acres with a 4X4 rock crawler club but there is a long waiting list to get in!

--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 17:43
I'm up a tree right now, eager to let the braxe bite
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 17:52
Go get 'em G!  Per my earlier thread, I just ordered me some Zen Ray ED2 7x36's for this season.  I'm excited to get them in and take a look.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 22:56
So you went with the Zen ray ED2s... was kinda surprised to see all the votes for the Vipers...

My nicest pair to date are the Burris signature selects 8X56 I got from SWFA on a close out.  The price was right!!!  I haven't really chased binos that much.  Afraid to find out how much I'd have to spend to really be happy so I've never looked through alphas...Shocked

Ths signature selects are a bit on the heavy side but quite clear.  I'll stay happy until I look thru better ones...then you know what will happen!

Edited by budperm - September/24/2012 at 23:04
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 23:05
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I'm up a tree right now, eager to let the braxe bite
When is last light down there right now G ?  Around 7:15 or so?
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 07:18
Sunset was 7:07, 30 after is cut off. Saw a bunch of small one year old deer but no shooters.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 07:49
Don't let it get to you...you know you'll get at least one!  Your hunting the farm, right?  Do you think th deer have learned your stand locations?
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 07:52
Yeah, Bud, I figured that for the price, they can't be too bad.  I'll let everyone know what I think (if I think about it).
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 07:59
We had a whiley old buck near here that you were lucky to see even once a year  Opening day he would showup outa nowhere and practically lived in the backyard of our daycare providers property.  Close enough to throw a rock at.  There were usually 20 to 25 kids playing in the fenced in area of the backyard and he would be just out of reach outside the fence till hunting season was over.  That went on for 5 years before a group of locals drove him away from the daycare early one morning when it was raining.  That was one smart old deer past his prime... antlers had alot of mass but weren't that big.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 08:02
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

Yeah, Bud, I figured that for the price, they can't be too bad.  I'll let everyone know what I think (if I think about it).
I've heard alot of good thingts about the Zen Ray ED2s..  It's a little too late now but did you ask ILya? or visit his opticsthoughts website?
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 08:05
Man my eyes have just decided to finally start working right this morning!!!  Woke up to terrible case of dry eye like I'd slept in old fashioned hard contacts.  Blinking hurt as did headlights.  I had to close one at a time cause I was falling asleep if I closed both together!  Guess it must be allergy season again! Hippie
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 08:45
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

I've heard alot of good thingts about the Zen Ray ED2s..  It's a little too late now but did you ask ILya? or visit his opticsthoughts website?

I've read his stuff about the ED2s.  All positive.  He REALLY likes the Prime HD's, too.  One of these days when I can afford alpha glass, I will probably want to save money, so I'll circle back for some better full size binos.  For bow hunting, I'm hopeful the ED2s live up to their reputation.  I bought them directly from Zen-Ray (so not a competitor), and they are demos.  Hopefully the don't suffer from some of the early reported issues (particles, flare) and are representative samples that Zen-Ray used at trade shows and for presentations to investors and the like.  I've got my fingers crossed.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 08:54
Mornin comradesCoffee

Big storm came up out of no where this morning. Started pouring down just after I started for work. Thunder, lightening, and heavy rain was right on top of us. Calmed down now, but still raining.
Maybe it will knock the ragweed pollen out of the air, and I'll be able to see, and breath without the headache. Might even be nice to my buddy, Bud. I doubt it thoughBandito
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 09:08
Your scaring me, dude...  Don't hurt yourself trying be be nice on my account. Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 09:25
That's true, Lynn.  Too much change can cause all sorts of problems.  Maybe you could just treat Bud like you always do, and then just add a happy emoticon at the end.  I wouldn't want you to have a migraine or some deep-seeded regret from being too nice.  Wink 
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 09:33
My dad just sent this to me. 

"Definition of a True Friend"

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 09:46
To all the aboveLaugh Above
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 1639>
  Share Topic