OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 11:20

Bud the stands have all be put up in the last 2 months so not fears of that, they have walked right under me and never got me.  THe one that pegged me Saturday was while I was stalking her from the field.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 11:37
Love the picture Deck! Excellent  Excellent  Excellent.

A co-worker just sent me this.  We (the USA) are in some seriously deep doodoo!!!

To heck with picture ID's being require to vote...I say give them IQ tests... Or better yet if they can't name the canidates then they can't vote!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 13:28
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Love the picture Deck! Excellent  Excellent  Excellent.

A co-worker just sent me this.  We (the USA) are in some seriously deep doodoo!!!

To heck with picture ID's being require to vote...I say give them IQ tests... Or better yet if they can't name the canidates then they can't vote!

Very disappointing. And, more disappointing, it's not surprising.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 13:53
I just couldn't comment without sounding racially insensitive, but I don't think I'm the inventor of the word Dummycrat.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 14:04
What a day fellas,  and it ain't even over yet.......Hiding
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 15:31
Could be worse.  It could be opening weekend of bow season coming up and you have to miss it (like me).
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:15

That sucks, what you got going on?

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 06:06

That does suck a Monica sized one!!!

How's that alternative employment thing working out?  Sounds like you need a change!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:22
Doesn't have anything to do with work.  I teach sunday school for kids on every sunday but the first of the month.  Can't miss this sunday, and a good friend has moved back from Australia and is having a party friday night in Plano, so dad and I are going to head out next Friday for a long weekend.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:32

Maybe the wait will produce cooler weather and more deer activity.

Bud, you got the old grasshoper grandson his Birthday present yet?  22 time!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:36
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

Doesn't have anything to do with work.  I teach sunday school for kids on every sunday but the first of the month.  Can't miss this sunday, and a good friend has moved back from Australia and is having a party friday night in Plano, so dad and I are going to head out next Friday for a long weekend.
Well thats not too bad!  At leat it's not work or the honey-do....  Enjoy seeing your friend! Yippee

PA doesn't allow Sunday hunting... We've been trying to get that changed for YEARS!  Almost happened last year...
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:39
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Maybe the wait will produce cooler weather and more deer activity.

Bud, you got the old grasshoper grandson his Birthday present yet?  22 time!

That is something to think about! His LOP is so freaking short an fully collpased A4 stock is too long!Loco  He cheekwelds on the pistol grip of the crossman!

I'll try to get some pictures of him shooting balloons with the Crossman 760 pump.  He's a natural!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:42
You still have a line on...what was it a cricket?
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:42
The moon will be better than this weekend (full on Saturday), and I'm very hopeful for a little chill in the air the following week.

I remember the Pennsylvania sunday thing from my time in the Army.  That's akin to the old "blue laws" that were repealed in Texas back in the eighties.  You couldn't go shopping on Sundays, except at a convenience store before they were repealed.  Either way, it stinks that you lose half of your hunting weekend every week of the season.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:46
Yep it's a Bluelaw hold over!!!  Seems a lot of farmers in PA are fighting it change.  It's their day of rest and don't want the entrusion.  PA is a commonwealth throwback with tons too much redundant  local governement
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:51
Mornin comradesCoffee
Yeah Bud, a Cricket; made just for the youth shooter in training.

Thunderstorms all last night, like trying to sleep in a base drum with a strobe light at a rock concert.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:55
I remember the blue laws in Ky.. They were repealed in 1974 when the new penal code took affect.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 09:02
Good Morning! My son is starting in the his League Championship game tonight! Offensive and defensive tackle. The team is 8-0, and have only given up 30 points all year! The team they are playing for the Championship have already been beat twice by a combined score of 76-12...The bad news is the team was really flat in their last game. The key is really going to be keeping the kids "up" but not to high. The other team has a better chance than prior scores indicate, as they have a couple of studs. But do not play a team as well a we do.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 09:13
Good luck to your son Billy.  I'm sure you're proud, and with good reason.  
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 09:34
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

Good Morning! My son is starting in the his League Championship game tonight! Offensive and defensive tackle. The team is 8-0, and have only given up 30 points all year! The team they are playing for the Championship have already been beat twice by a combined score of 76-12...The bad news is the team was really flat in their last game. The key is really going to be keeping the kids "up" but not to high. The other team has a better chance than prior scores indicate, as they have a couple of studs. But do not play a team as well a we do.

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 1639>
  Share Topic