OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 537538539540541 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:01
Good morning peeps!

Strange strange weather... in 20s this morning highs to mid 40s, tomorrow mid 30s to 50s, Sat 40s to 60s!!!  Cool  60s 3 days before Christmas.... truly strange!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:02
moring Deck,  Anymore word your your employer or still the same song and dance?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:28
The weather's not so strange Bud. It'll change.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:31
Well that part is constant.... Bandito
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:52
Morning boys.  Long night last night.  Got a call from my grandma that her heat wasn't working. Me and my cousin, who does that, went up to get it going.  Ended up under the house that has about 18" of crawspace trying to find where duct work had come loose.  Came face to face with a not so friendly feral cat that had decided to make a home under there. Long story short,  a close calls at scratches and a bite and one less cat in the world.  Finally got her duct work fixed and her happy.  Got home a little before midnight.  Tired and sore this morning.  Did i mention I was still sick with this chest cold.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 07:56
They're worried I'm going to "do something."  Not sure what they are worried about.  Founding partner keeps trying to get me to schedule a "talk" because he's "worried about me."  What I think he's really worried about is me leaving and taking my AV Peer rating and my "Best Lawyers in America - Intellectual Property Litigation" to another competing firm.  Certainly if the right opportunity came along I'd look at it, but I don't want to become the lawyer version of a "system quarterback" either.  In the meantime, when he wants to "talk," I'm going to let him have it - in a very professional manner, of course.  Other than that I'm just keeping my head down, and doing my job.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:08
Good plan.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:26
Agreed,  They have every right to be scared and concerned.  They know they baited you.  That should cost them immediately, especially if they are using your credentials,  standing and awards for business gains!!!

If he's so concerned when you finished quietly reading him the riot act ask for a 15-20% kicker as a stopgap.... Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:32
I think I'd tell them they can no longer use your credential,s accreditations and awards to advertise, solicit or drum up business.

Oh and congratulations on your AV peer rating and making the list of best IP Lit lawyers...that is no small feat!!! Excellent  Excellent  Excellent
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:36
I too hate playing job hopscotch because employers refuse to justly compensate a long term employees.  It forces you to play that game to build your salary expediously...
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:37
LOL guess you really pushed my button Deck....
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 08:51
My button's been pushed for a while now.  No worries.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 09:19
What would it take to open your own doors? It paid off big time for me.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 09:27
A lot, unfortunately.  Patent litigation is expensive stuff, as you probably know.  Costs alone can top $500K for a single case.  I probably would need at least that in financing to start my own shop, along with a solid partnership with another firm to handle overflow, etc.  One thing I'm considering is immersing myself in the IPR proceedings, which might be more effective in the short term, but with possibly less upside.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 09:49
You still should have a decent amount of leverage at the current job to at least sweeten your deal.  They need to be made accountable for their baiting....
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 09:53
Working on it, Bud.  Thanks for the support, guys.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 12:26
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2013 at 16:06

A very Chucky Christmas! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2013 at 05:01
Mornin' all.

Howdy
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2013 at 06:03
Mornin comrades

Love the vid Bd.

Hunkerin down for the coming weather.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 537538539540541 1639>
  Share Topic