OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 627628629630631 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
6\250\40 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6\250\40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 06:29
Howdy  Good Morning, Gentlemen.  I'm late.  Had to pull a calf this morning. All OK.Excellent      Wish y'all would send a little rain my way, if you're just going to complain about it. Big Smile           Tagging calves;   Most of the tagging is done at the end of a rope, in a 2 or 3 section pasture, while discussing the need for it with Mama. Most of these older cows seem to think I shouldn't be messing with their babies.  Only eartag with cow number right now. Will castrate, vaccinate, etc. at branding, first part of June.Yippee   Bandito
"You'll learn a helluva lot more listenin' than you will talkin'"   My Dad
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:03
Morning all.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:11
While attending a marriage weekend, Frank and his wife Ann, listened to the instructor declare, "It is ESSENTIAL that husbands and wives know the things that are important to one another."

He then addressed the men...."Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Frank leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, "Gold Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?"

And thus began Frank's life of Celibacy.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:11
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Morning all.

gCoffee
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:20
Check this thing out....  I'd be afraid to fire the thing!!!  three rounds at once!?!?!?!

Triple Barreled Revolver

Check this one-of a kind triple barreled revolver….

Just two months ago we featured the double barrel, semi-automatic pistol,

but it appears that someone had a more extreme-idea, many years before…

enter the insane tripled barrel -revolver.

Unfortunately not much is known about Spanish gunsmith who created the

firearm, the only information passed on by the previous owner is that the

piece is indeed a ‘unique’

The gun utilizes a tip-down or break-open system similar to

Smith & Wesson models. It’s originally crafted from an

adapted 6.35 pistol and sports a 3” barrel with-fixed front sight.

The single trigger fires 3 rounds at one -time, totaling 18 rounds on a single load.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:31
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Howdy Paul!  it's been awhile! Howdy  How's your little me and the Mrs?  We are all doing fine.  Busy and broke as usual... Loco

So whats the latest and greatest?  Any new bang bang related purchases?  Bucky

The old lady and boy are doing great! Our son just turned 2, and i have no idea where time has gone. The past 6 months or so have been a blur, mostly because of work, but thankfully there seems to be a bit of a lull on the horizon. I doubt it will last long. The terrible winter hit the transportation industry very hard and March especially was a catch up month. 

No new purchases to note, at least gun related. This will be a year of watching money fly out of the wallet for crap we don't want/need. In May/June we've got to fork over $4200 for the permit to connect to public sewer and then the 2nd half of $1300 for the contracting work to hook up. Also have low PH levels in our water so we've got some copper coming out, which only means more money spent later this summer lol. 

Ah well, the joys of being a homeowner and TAXPAYER. Wink

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:45
Fun owning a home isn't it?!?!?!!?

I needd to pull my well something bad!!!  The check valves have all failed and as soon as the pumped turns off it starts leaking back into the well....  Didn't want to pull it with snow everywhere or now with the ground bog like...  Can almost guarantee contaminating the well right now...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 08:47
Paul, are you on well and septic now? 

check into getting classified as agricultural home.  Plant a garden or somethign then they can't make you hook up. 

What we did at my grandparents home and i've got it at my home to should they ever run septic there.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 09:14
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Paul, are you on well and septic now? 

check into getting classified as agricultural home.  Plant a garden or somethign then they can't make you hook up. 

What we did at my grandparents home and i've got it at my home to should they ever run septic there.

Hmmm, had not thought of that. Doubt there is time left to do something like that as the notices have already been mailed and dates assigned. But i'll check that out for sure. 

But yes, we're still on well/septic. The septic is completely fine. We had it pumped 4 years ago and the guy said everything looked fine structurally. Basically, politics and these cookie cutter developments in the area have screwed everyone else into being forced to hook up. It's amazing that you pay all these damn taxes as a homeowner and then the EPA and other liberal ass orgs come in and tell you the worms or some sh*t are being harmed by faulty septic systems. Honestly i would have rather seen the water go public as that actually is going to cause us problems if we don't take take of it sooner than later. 

And the real smack in the face is they are charging $190 a friggin' quarter just for the sewer. I've talked to plenty of folks who don't pay that for sewer AND water. 

Needless to say we're going to upgrade some more stuff this year and probably put the house on the market after the chaos dies down. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 10:35
Mornin' Gents.  Hope everyone's been doing well lately.  I've been super busy, but wanted to let y'all know that there is at least some hope.  Attended the Fort Worth Annual Prayer Breakfast this morning at the Will Rogers Center.  The speaker was Eric Metaxa, and he was great.  The entire exhibit hall was completely filled, mostly with men.  There were over 2400 in attendance for the 7a.m. event.  God Bless America.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 10:37
Interesting indeed!!!  I'm not sure you can get out from under being forced to city water or septic when it is run thru a neighborhood unless you know the mayor...  Wink

Paul if you check into it and find there is such a loophole for PA, please let me know!!!!

You say they are only forcing you onto City sewer????
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 11:30

not sure about city limits but I know it works here for the outskirts

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 11:39

Interesting indeed!!!  I'm not sure you can get out from under being forced to city water or septic when it is run thru a neighborhood unless you know the mayor...  Wink

Paul if you check into it and find there is such a loophole for PA, please let me know!!!!

As of now it's only sewer but the water mandate will come. I've talked to some of the old heads and they're hearing 2-3 years. Essentially what i boils down to, is getting more money from the taxpayer by charging an arm and a leg for services every month/quarter. All these counties/states are broke. Somebody has to pay for the bloated salaries and meaningless positions existing at the government level. I mean everyone on our particular road has perfect operating septic systems. There is absolutely no reason why we need to be hooked up to Sewer. However, the township went around, measured out an average distance from the state road, and said anyone living within 175 feet HAS to hook up or face big fines. 

If you drove around the area, you'd see that 80-90% of folks live within that distance to the road, so of course everyone will fall under the mandate. We gathered petitions, talked with lawyers, and were basically told there isn't a damn thing you can do. Isn't it amazing that we pay local and state taxes only to have to foot the entire bill ourselves to install something the EPA says is required???? 

It's damn extortion and quite honestly, the fact that a federal agency (EPA) is regulating a local issue is troubling. But then again, that's what they do these days. 

I'm telling you what fellas. I'm really starting to hate the very nation i served to protect. I hate the lack of morals, i hate the brainwashing and moronic population that buys into it. This country is becoming a haven for lazy, inept, and morally bankrupt people. 

Part of me hopes they pass some law here in PA that says i have to register my firearms. I won't and furthermore will die protecting my rights. I pray others feel that strongly. I know it's an emotional feeling, but the only way things will ever change is for people to stand up and start spilling blood. The political system is broken and we can't trust 99% of those assholes to serve the best interests of the people.....

Eh, sorry.....got an a rant and had to finish
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 11:44
I'm thinking it is a state law based loophole.  PA. might not have a similar ordinance...
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 12:16
Who knows.  Can't hurt to research it.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 13:38
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

As of now it's only sewer but the water mandate will come. I've talked to some of the old heads and they're hearing 2-3 years. Essentially what i boils down to, is getting more money from the taxpayer by charging an arm and a leg for services every month/quarter. All these counties/states are broke. Somebody has to pay for the bloated salaries and meaningless positions existing at the government level. I mean everyone on our particular road has perfect operating septic systems. There is absolutely no reason why we need to be hooked up to Sewer. However, the township went around, measured out an average distance from the state road, and said anyone living within 175 feet HAS to hook up or face big fines. 

If you drove around the area, you'd see that 80-90% of folks live within that distance to the road, so of course everyone will fall under the mandate. We gathered petitions, talked with lawyers, and were basically told there isn't a damn thing you can do. Isn't it amazing that we pay local and state taxes only to have to foot the entire bill ourselves to install something the EPA says is required???? 

It's damn extortion and quite honestly, the fact that a federal agency (EPA) is regulating a local issue is troubling. But then again, that's what they do these days. 

I'm telling you what fellas. I'm really starting to hate the very nation i served to protect. I hate the lack of morals, i hate the brainwashing and moronic population that buys into it. This country is becoming a haven for lazy, inept, and morally bankrupt people. 

Part of me hopes they pass some law here in PA that says i have to register my firearms. I won't and furthermore will die protecting my rights. I pray others feel that strongly. I know it's an emotional feeling, but the only way things will ever change is for people to stand up and start spilling blood. The political system is broken and we can't trust 99% of those assholes to serve the best interests of the people.....

Eh, sorry.....got an a rant and had to finish

If this is the best ranty you got after so many months away something's wrong....
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 15:11
Bud, city water came out to where I live about 12 years ago and I was happy to hook up because my well was just so so. My neighbor just hooked up last year so there was no mandate there. Sewers are probably a different story. My guess is I'll never see sewers here.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 16:15
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Bud, city water came out to where I live about 12 years ago and I was happy to hook up because my well was just so so. My neighbor just hooked up last year so there was no mandate there. Sewers are probably a different story. My guess is I'll never see sewers here.

So, the outhouse is still workin'? Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2014 at 16:16
my township has a 2 acre minimum for homes to control density.  Water is the issue in this area no sewage.  My first well was 410ft and started acting up 4 months after we moved in.  another 16 months or so and it went dry and pump burned up.
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2014 at 04:43
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

So, the outhouse is still workin'? Big Grin

YEP!!!

Mornin' all, Spring is finally here, got to 68* yesterday, But next Tuesday they are calling for snow.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 627628629630631 1639>
  Share Topic