OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11361137113811391140 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 05:41
Mornin' all, 43* wind 18 SW. Weird weather!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 07:31
Mornin guysCoffee

I'm a little beat up today. After putting up with the wind yesterday, and having my hat blown off 4 times; I waved good-bye to it the 4th time. I wasn't going to catch up to it.
When I got home, my ditch was filled to the top with leaves and sticks that had been blown UP hill from the strong south winds. Since heavy rains were predicted, I had to do something about them in order to save my driveway. There was also a tree that had been blown over the drive near the top. Even though I could drive under it, it was a widow maker and had to come down.
I used a chainsaw, a tow strap, and my truck to get the tree down, and then cut it up for firewood and stacked for seasoning. By this time it was getting dark, so I used the truck's head lights to see while I used the leaf blower to blow the leaves out of the ditch. Sometimes the wind worked against me, and sometimes it worked with me, but I got it done. Did it all in about a hour and a half.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 10:32
I just sat around drinking and farting all day! LOL Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 10:46
LaughLaugh Above

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 11:54
Damn! I'd like to do thatBoozerFarter
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 12:37
You know your more of a multi-tasker.....  cause you do that and much more. just walking the dogs... Big Grin

Here we are in a warming trend.  It was 38F when I tried to leave for work this morning.  Well, I quickly found out that my driveway and entire street were all black ice.  After 5 failed attempted and near misses on the return I got stuck halfway down the drive, sideways.....  

I gave up and went inside for an hour or so....  Managed to get the car back onto the Driveway and lined up again.  After a couple more attempts I finally managed to crest the crown of the driveway while simultaneously sliding sideways into the street then right into the neighbors front yard.... I did say the entire street was black ice, didn't I??? 

Once back on the street, I then limped to the stop sign and found the cross road all clear....  Then it only took me 1:20 to get to work instead of the typical 45 minutes....

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 20:39
70s, windows down, lots of wind!!    
Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 06:34
Mornin fellersCoffee

67* now, might hit 70 later. Off and on showers, with winds at 12 to 25 sustained, and gust to 35 today. Been like this for 3 days.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 07:42

Morning guys

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 08:48
Mornin G.
How's the weather there?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 11:08
Afternoon, boys!!! Howdy

I seem to have stopped getting any OT post notices.  Apparently it's been happening since the new SWFA website rollout...  Anybody else have issues with not getting any posting notices???
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 11:42
Yep.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 12:14

Yeah and I dont' get private message notifications either.

BF its sunny and 68 here today.  Up to 72 and sunny tomorrow. been driving the stang' when its warm.  Got allot of the parts together for the motor freshen up and turbo install gathered now too.... Install and work got delayed....... because

I also just purchased a steel building from US Steel,  being delivered next week.  Getting concrete poured as well...... will take a few weeks to assemble but got to get it put up so I can move all my gunsmith and reloading supplies out of the house for a remodel of that old room. 

Once the buildings up I'll tear the stang down and fix in a few weekends hopefully then paint will come after.... gloss white is still the plan

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 12:31
Sounds like you will be busy "G". Good luck. 
               Anomymous
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 13:41
yeah I'm not looking forward to all those nuts and bolts that are used.  I've put up similar ones helping friends but none this size....
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2017 at 14:19
Good luck G!

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2017 at 05:04
Mornin' all, 56* yesterday 34* right now with wind @ 18 WNW.

We've had over 80" of snow so far and right now we have none on the ground.

More headed this way in the next couple days.

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2017 at 05:50
Lucky you.   
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2017 at 06:20
Mornin fellersCoffee

Weather sucks, low 30s going to high 30s with chance of rain, BUT it's not windy, for now.

Sounds cool G. A steel building would be a nice addition to the place, and great for working on your stang. How big a building are you getting?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2017 at 06:49
Sounds like G needs to have a Span-o-Steel Construction party!

Good luck!  I'm a bit surprised you aren't selling the pony and buying a mini-van.... daddy to be!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11361137113811391140 1639>
  Share Topic