OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12261227122812291230 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2018 at 13:19
Tomorrow morning we will statt to drop into the low teens for the next week. Enjoying the 45F today.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2018 at 13:47
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey Bugs, what was the high temperature at your place last Friday?

Colder than a sumbitch. I don't think we even hit 50! We had several days of below average temps along with two heavy frosts. Nice today tho...73* now. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 03:11

Morning folks,

Grey, misty, wet, fine soaking rain, overcast and 41F - I love it here in January! Still, only 2 days til hunting weekend. Will pack the car tonight and that will feel better!

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 05:00
Mornin’ all, we are having a heat wave. 43* on the way to 47* but short lived at best. We already have a winter storm watch for Friday & Saturday. I leave for Niagara Falls for a distributor show on Sunday with a 10’ moving van that will be quite full. I’ll have 60’ of space at this show. I’ll have three factory people and four of us working the show.

Good luck Scrummy 💥💥💥.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 06:16
Cheers Peddler!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 07:39
Morning all.  Went from freezing last week to running the AC this week......
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 07:45

Mornin comradesHowdy

It's that time of year again; Dentist checkup today, Doctor checkup Thursday. Oh boy, I love fasting, and going without coffee or tea in the morning. NOT!

Morning everybody, Thought I'd check in for the 1st Qtr of 2018...  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Lynn, I been living in the Dentist Chair since 12/16....  3 tooth bridge removed, two molars pulled, 5 Cavities, one root canal and a crown rebuild....  Yesterday was first visit of 2018 and got another root canal...

I hate my teeth even more than I hate Dentists....

Hope you don't have near the problems that I have....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 07:52
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Mornin comradesHowdy

It's that time of year again; Dentist checkup today, Doctor checkup Thursday. Oh boy, I love fasting, and going without coffee or tea in the morning. NOT!

Morning everybody, Thought I'd check in for the 1st Qtr of 2018...  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Lynn, I been living in the Dentist Chair since 12/16....  3 tooth bridge removed, two molars pulled, 5 Cavities, one root canal and a crown rebuild....  Yesterday was first visit of 2018 and got another root canal...

Welcome home buddy.... we've missed ya

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 08:00

Them dentures are sounding better all the time.....    "aight doc, just pull every one and give me some fake ones!

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 09:54
Driving back to the office 9:45am the Temp dropped 14 degrees driving only 2 miles. Tempreture fell from 58 down to 45 in less than 2 minutes. Now at 39F.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2018 at 17:46
Evening fellarsHowdy

Great news, well for me it is, I'M NOT DEAD YET. The doctors finger did get a little fatter though.

Met my old partner at KCR for a little shooting and a lot of gabbing. Don't get to see him as much as I used to.

Spent the rest of the day getting ready for the same winter storm everybody else is. Still got a little more to do.

Bud, it's good to have you back. That dentist stuff sucks. I hate the sound of a dentist's drill. Mrs. BF is having to wait until March before she can get a crown, and the tooth has already been cut out or what ever they do. It's driving her nuts.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 03:11
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Mornin comradesHowdy

Jeez Budperm, That's a lot of time with the drill merchant! Hope you are now sorted?
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 03:17

Good morning folks,

Friday and off early to go hunting tomorrow. Car is packed, fooled, throw the ammo and boom stick in tomorrow morning and should be hunting at first light. Be a 4am alarm call but be good fun I think.

Using 120gr Nosler Partitions, will also pop to the range tomorrow between morning and evening stalks to try out the 117gr SSTs and finally shoot my .44mag lever! Woohoo! Might try it on a muntjac!

Scrummy

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 04:32
Mornin’ all, 55* and lots of rain, most of our snow is gone and I assume there is lots of flooding throughout central NY.The forecast is 20* tonite and much lower tomorrow with a foot or more of snow on the way on Saturday.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 05:52
Morning Gang!!!

Well it feels great that the temps have exceeded freezing for the first time in about a week...
Only to find it raining hard this morning butt it's 41 on the way to the mid 60s.  We were scheduled to go Pheasant hunting at a local reserve but with snow on the ground and it being 19ºF with a -2ºF windchill we all decided.... HELL NO!  So we rescheduled....

After spending a coupled of weeks on the couch from all the dentristry I had done I can only imagine how bad a chill I would have gotten going out in that without tempering first...

Scrummy, I was a Tetracycline baby...  (One of the earliest synthetic antibiotics for those allergic to penicillin).   Un-fortunately it causes severe deformation of tooth enamel in children.  So all my teeth were affected.  I started getting crowns on all my teeth at 16.  Now at 59 I'm on my third set of crowns on most of my teeth.  usually, a root canal is required during the first crown replacement, if not definitely on the second crown placement.  I now have more root canaled teeth then un-root canaled ones...

I should have my own dental chair... Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 05:53
On a positive note.  I am now back to where I can enjoy a crunchy salad without pain again!!!  Yippee

--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 06:47
Mornin gentsCoffee

Raining, temps falling, and wind blowing, it sucks, but there aint nothin I can do bout it.

It sure was nice of the dental assistant to shove her t!t up against my face while she was cleaning my teethBucky
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 06:52
That's not fair!!!!  My new Dentist works alone....Smile
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 07:54
Budperm, ouch! I hope you are getting some serious "frequent flyer" miles with your dentist!

Scrummy
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 11:12
Didn't say she was any beauty queen. It was just a nice face warmer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12261227122812291230 1639>
  Share Topic