OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12511252125312541255 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2018 at 04:20
Mornin’ all 37* and rain.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 04:29

Morning folks,

Snowing and 30F here. Snow not sticking though.

Good weekend had here. Shot my first ever target slug match and didn’t come last which was fun.

Sunday took my wife, her father and brother shooting at a guest day. .22lr Brno, 10-22 and Marlin 1894 in .357 mag were shot. The grin on my father in laws face was something to behold

Sad news here this morning though, a colleague of mine passed away earlier. 45. A nice guy who I got on well with. A real shame.

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 04:39
Well, it's another Monday....I try not to think of the word "Monday"......

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 04:46
Mornin’ all.

Sorry to hear about your friend Scrummy.

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 05:34
Yes, real shame. 2 kids in school and his wife isn't in great health either.

Scrummy
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 06:59
Sorry to hear about your friends passing. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 08:42
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Sorry to hear about your friends passing. 

Thanks buddy
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 09:37
Mornin gentsHowdy

Sorry to hear about your friend Scrummy. Really hope things work out well for his family.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 09:56

Morning all..... been slammed this morning already.

Sorry to hear Scrummy

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 10:19
Well I had a fun and an interesting weekend. I went to a military collectors show, bought a few things, and got to talk to some WWII vets. Went to the gun show, and bought a couple of things. Went out to dinner with Mrs. BF during a rain storm and fought a flash flood to get home to a washed out driveway. Cleaned out my clogged up culverts just in time for the second wave of frog choking, duck drowning, gully washer to come through. I watched my main culvert go from working fine to totally clogged in just seconds. I fought with gravel rake and shovel for 3 hours to keep that thing open, and finally won. It was like liquid gravel coming down that ditch, if water got on the grate, it was covered with gravel and blocked. I got a really good workout Saturday night.
Almost forgot to mention that a road we took getting home collapsed just after we drove over it.
The good news is the flash flood is over, and the Ohio river crests today at 1300hrs.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 11:27

Wowzers Lynn.. glad you got through it.

What did you buy..... you can't tease us like that.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 12:58
A book about one of the vets I talked to, a DVD movie based on a WWII SS Company, level 6 ECWS parka and pants in multi cam, roll pin punch set. Glock recoil spring assembly, and a M26.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 13:26
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Well I had a fun and an interesting weekend. I went to a military collectors show, bought a few things, and got to talk to some WWII vets. Went to the gun show, and bought a couple of things. Went out to dinner with Mrs. BF during a rain storm and fought a flash flood to get home to a washed out driveway. Cleaned out my clogged up culverts just in time for the second wave of frog choking, duck drowning, gully washer to come through. I watched my main culvert go from working fine to totally clogged in just seconds. I fought with gravel rake and shovel for 3 hours to keep that thing open, and finally won. It was like liquid gravel coming down that ditch, if water got on the grate, it was covered with gravel and blocked. I got a really good workout Saturday night.
Almost forgot to mention that a road we took getting home collapsed just after we drove over it.
The good news is the flash flood is over, and the Ohio river crests today at 1300hrs.

Glad to hear you guys are ok!

Now I want to know who the hell designed your driveway???

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 22:07
Well been quiet in here today.   Maybe tomorrow will be more active
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 02:56
Morning folks,

28F, not too windy and very bright and sunny under cold skies. Apparently quiet a lot of snowoutside London but we aren't seeing it in town.

Lyn, glad you got home safe.

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 04:41
Mornin’ all, 28* on the way to 55* hard to believe.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 06:02
Image result for himalayan black bear

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 06:30
Mornin gents.

Clear skies and 40* going back to low 60s. RAIN is predicted for the next 2 daysHiding
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 07:00
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Glad to hear you guys are ok!

Now I want to know who the hell designed your driveway???

I don't know who designed it, but Loonyville Gas & Electric (LG&E) built it when they put in the high tension lines across my property. There used to be a straight road that came up the hill on a ridge that would have been easy to maintain, but at some time a section of property where the drive met the road was sold and a house was built on it. LG&E just bulldozed and blasted a road up the hillside that would last long enough for them to do their work on the lines. I could go on about everything that is wrong with the drive, but I don't have the time. I have made great progress with the road, and I have plans for more improvements. I just need a backhoe and a cutting torch for now.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 11:18

cutting torch..... for road work?   do tell!

Morning/Afternoon all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12511252125312541255 1639>
  Share Topic