OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13711372137313741375 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 08:58
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Mornin’ all, another 10” or more with winds @ 20 West. Lots of drifting. Shoveled the sidewalk and couldn’t find the steps it was drifted so badly. Will wait till daylight to tackle the driveway and by the looks of the radar this heavy band of snow should be finally gone. It was snowing when I hit the sack and hasn’t stopped yet.

Sounds like a total pasting Skip!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 09:02
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Mornin’ all, another 10” or more with winds @ 20 West. Lots of drifting. Shoveled the sidewalk and couldn’t find the steps it was drifted so badly. Will wait till daylight to tackle the driveway and by the looks of the radar this heavy band of snow should be finally gone. It was snowing when I hit the sack and hasn’t stopped yet.

Sounds like a total pasting Skip!

Another one Mike 😂.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 09:05
Mornin gents.

Overcast and mild temps with gusty winds. Freezing rain and snow on the way Friday night, followed by locust and plague.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 10:35
You know we get snow maybe once every 4-5 years here living at the beach but when we do we shut down..... you folks that get it regularly... more power to you. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 13:11
Here is one reason I say all this global warming/climate change is B.S.. Weather occurs in cycles. Around here big snows (12"-24") occur about 10-12 years apart. You may have 2-3 years in a row that will have a moderate to big snows or 2 in each year. In those years we usually get some very cold temps. Most of the time we get a few days of light to moderate snow and the temps other than a few days aren't that bad.
Back in 1977 and 78 we had 2 really bad winters. 1977 had a 12-14" snow and really cold temps for weeks. The Ohio all but froze over. Something that hadn't happened since the early 1900s. In 1978 we had a repeat of sorts, 20 some inches in one snow and 12 in another one 6 weeks later. It was really cold the whole time, but not as cold as 1977. We had snow on the ground into April that year.
Everybody thought it was global cooling, and the city bought all kinds of snow removal equipment and 4WD vehicles and ambulances. All that equipment was worn out or gone by the next big snow in 1994.
In the meantime in the late 80s we had 2 or 3 summers in a row with summer droughts and temps stayed in the 90s and low 100s for weeks and weeks. That's when global warming became the new phrase. Of course the big snow and record cold in 1994 didn't make a dent in the man made global warming/climate change propaganda.
Is climate change occuring? Yep, always has and always will, with and without man.Can man stop it? Sure, when a man can hold up his hand and stop the ocean waves.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2019 at 13:12
Nice weather till.....you guessed it,  Saturday!  Loco
Then more snow.  It's gonna be next year before I get to see my granddaughter again.... 

G, I traded in the Altima back in June of 2014.  Alitma's CVT trany was acting up and only 900 miles left on warranty.  i went back to a Camry.  I got lucky as Toyota had a special pricing on their XLE versions.  I got it cheaper than I could get a base mode; Camry.... Hippie  that was 85K miles ago.... Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 04:13
Good morning folks,

Gloriously sunny here in London, 33 and on the way to 58 they say!

Off hunting this weekend and cannot wait!

Scrummy
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 07:18
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Here is one reason I say all this global warming/climate change is B.S.. Weather occurs in cycles. Around here big snows (12"-24") occur about 10-12 years apart. You may have 2-3 years in a row that will have a moderate to big snows or 2 in each year. In those years we usually get some very cold temps. Most of the time we get a few days of light to moderate snow and the temps other than a few days aren't that bad.
Back in 1977 and 78 we had 2 really bad winters. 1977 had a 12-14" snow and really cold temps for weeks. The Ohio all but froze over. Something that hadn't happened since the early 1900s. In 1978 we had a repeat of sorts, 20 some inches in one snow and 12 in another one 6 weeks later. It was really cold the whole time, but not as cold as 1977. We had snow on the ground into April that year.
Everybody thought it was global cooling, and the city bought all kinds of snow removal equipment and 4WD vehicles and ambulances. All that equipment was worn out or gone by the next big snow in 1994.
In the meantime in the late 80s we had 2 or 3 summers in a row with summer droughts and temps stayed in the 90s and low 100s for weeks and weeks. That's when global warming became the new phrase. Of course the big snow and record cold in 1994 didn't make a dent in the man made global warming/climate change propaganda.
Is climate change occuring? Yep, always has and always will, with and without man.Can man stop it? Sure, when a man can hold up his hand and stop the ocean waves.

Agree 100% with this! ^^^
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 10:17
Mornin gents.

The weather is typical Ky. winter weather, with a chance of light snow tonight. Not time to panic, but running in circles in woe is mandated.

My toilet has decided to piss me off again. I have a big surprise in store for it.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 11:06

Mornin gents.

The weather is typical Ky. winter weather, with a chance of light snow tonight. Not time to panic, but running in circles in woe is mandated.

My toilet has decided to piss me off again. I have a big surprise in store for it.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 11:11

Mornin gents.

Tacos or bean burritos???  Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2019 at 12:47
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Mornin gents.

Tacos or bean burritos???  Cool

Worse than that.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2019 at 14:50
Image result for outhouse on fire  gif

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2019 at 04:41

Good morning folks,

Well the good weather has broken. Overcast and mild here but no sun. Just had a great weekend hunting muntjac and CWD.

Everyone else have a good weekend?

Scrummy

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2019 at 05:00
Mornin’ all.

How many MIke?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2019 at 06:26

Mornin’ all.

How many MIke?

1 munty and 2 CWD between 2 people
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2019 at 10:06
Mornin gents.

Good deal Mike. Glad you had a successful hunt.

I got to play in the BIG Bowl GAME Saturday. I got to play in the toilet bowl.
I swapped out toilet bowls in one of the bathrooms. Of course what a plumber told me would take 15 minutes, took me a few hours and 2 trips to the hardware store, but I got it done.
Now I'm in the shake down phase of seeing what this new toilet can handle. So far it handles medium size depth charges and the associated paper work with ease, and uses much less water. The question is, will it handle the Mk 48 torpedoes, the MX missiles, the M.O.A.T, or the exploding volcano, not to mention Moby Dick and the book he came in. If any of them jam the launcher up, then the next question is, how easy is to clear the launcher. Getting the launcher up and running quickly after a jam is very important.

Sunday I shot at small things that were out past 300yds with a couple of friends. Froze my butt off and started talking in tongues. Hauled 3 loads of water later and split some wood.

Yeah that was all fun. That or I inhaled to much septic gas.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2019 at 03:56
Good morning all,

Another glorious day here, too nice to be inside really!

BF, yes it was a good outing, some challenging stalking but the right result in the end. Good luck with the new "launcher"!

What were you shooting at small things with?

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2019 at 09:49
Mornin gents.

Shooting at small things with an AR15 that I built as a precision  rifle. It loves 77gr. Sierra Match Kings and that's about it. I use 55gr. bulk ammo to make it fare, and who wants to blow 50 cents a shot to shoot rocks and tin cans.

Latest test results: Successfully launched a MX missile this morning with ease. So that covers the Mk 48 torpedo, and the MX missile test. The rest of the test will take some time.

The weather here isn't bad for now. Started in upper 20s and going to upper 30s with high thin clouds, but tonight the locust and pestilence arrive. We're supposed to get snow, freezing rain, and the torrential rains in the middle of the night tonight. At least that's what the weatherman say's, but hey, who believes them.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2019 at 03:34

Good morning folks,

A gorgeous day here in London, currently 45 and on the way to 54F they say.

Been a funny old week here, the head-sheds are changing their minds a lot…

BF, sounds a fun set up. 1:7" twist? My 1:9 .223 Shoots 55gr OK but seems best with mid 60gr weight bullets

Scrummy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13711372137313741375 1639>
  Share Topic