OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14551456145714581459 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 07:51
Killing the deer isn't hard.... its the work after that gets me
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 07:55
Good morning all

BF.  I agree cars are a longer investment.   And also risky...... One of the guys he eats breakfast with bought a brand new corvette when the body style changed about 5 or so years ago..... he went top of the line.    He has only put about 1200 miles on it.   Dealership offered him $20K over what he paid for it last time he brought it in for his annual service..... he declined.... on the way home, a teenager rear ended him...... went from $20K over what he paid to $20K under NADA in value due to the damage and blemished Carfax.   Still think the man is crying at times thinking about it.

Dad drove a GT when we got his F150 diesel and he loved it.... My honest thought is that if it wasn't so blame hard to get in and out of for him he'd already own one.... but hes 6'4" and got really bad ankles so I don't think he enjoyed the in and out of it.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 08:23
The Muskrat was hard to get in and out of because it was so close to the ground. The new one is even harder, because it's so close to the ground and it has a side splitter that keeps me from putting my feet closer to the car. Try sitting on a short stool with your feet out under your knees and then stand up. Gotta figure an easier way of getting out.

G, might I suggest a 2019 or 20 Bullitt with MagaRide in Highlander Green to your dad. More horse power in a Performance Pack with minimumalist body. not as much money and may have the same return rate. I believe 2020 is going to be the last year of the Bullitt. However, it still has those side splitters.

Edited by BeltFed - November/14/2019 at 08:30
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 08:47

IF he does it he'll go GT500... he won't do anything else but I honestly doubt he'll do it.  With the truck purchase he's not itching for a while I bet. He's really liking the 3.0 powerstroke lol

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 09:48
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Yes Skip. We just came down for supplies and a laundry run. Back up ASAP.

Embarrased  Happiness is a warm toilet seat.... Big Grin
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 09:56
For sure Bud! The outhouse seat was frosty yesterday am. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 10:22
Who needs coffee when you plant your ass on an arctic toilet seat....  Shocked
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 11:51
And if you can get a great big drip of ice cold melt water down the back of the neck at the same time it beats the hell out of an extra esspresso shot ;)
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 12:40
So what your saying is, "hitting the high note" melts ice....  Interesting! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 18:37
Sounds like U boys B pokin’ humor at me ! Silly Savages.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 04:56
Morning all,

Bugs, I was going to object to being call a silly savage but then I realised I have no grounds for complaint about either term so there we go!

Gym time for me. Seesh, I swear losing weight used to be easier....

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 08:10
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Morning all,

Bugs, I was going to object to being call a silly savage but then I realised I have no grounds for complaint about either term so there we go!

Gym time for me. Seesh, I swear losing weight used to be easier....

Scrummy

Mike pushing away from the table sooner helps also! 😂
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 08:26
Bite your tongue, Skip!  It's the only vise i have left....
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 08:28
Mornin gentsCoffee

I was winning the weight battle until it turned cold and Mrs BF started making Christmas treats. Also doesn't help that I'm fighting a cold. I'll be lucky to stay under 200 by Christmas.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 08:31
200...... I'd have to develop a split personality....
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 08:41
I was developing a second personality when I started losing weight. I didn't like that other guy.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2019 at 10:09
Heard that.... I'm currently my own evil twin..... Loco
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2019 at 02:59
Morning all,

Had a fun day playing with smoke poles yesterday.

New mounts for dovetail to "Docter" footprint reflex sights arrived yesterday from Recknagel. Got ones that will fit the Brno Model .22lr and the CZ527 for cheaper practice than the 9.3x62 so had time in the morning to take the Burris fastfire 3 (3MOA) off the 12g pump actionshotgun and mounted on the .22lr as a softer shooting warm-up. Bore sighted the .22lr and headed to the range.

The Holland and Holland shooting ground in West London is really very nice. Awfully posh set up (They had some of their best shotguns on display that were £223,000+ (yes, that's right). A bolt action safari rifle, £44k...)

Anyway, got the .22lr zeroed with the .CCI High Velocity stuff and warmed up with that.

Afterwards went on to shoot the 9.3x62 on the FN Commercial (With the new Leica Tempus and the 2MOA reticle. Really sharp and clear that). Anyway, shot well for the first time in a shooting cinema and really enjoyed it.

I am now of the opinion I need to hit black Friday for a 2 more Red Dots for the 12b and the .223Rem for use on my clubs 100yds running deer range.

Great day all tolled, not a cheap day out by any means and will probably try and split with more than one buddy next time but well worth it. (Also need to really get on with the reloading set up as 9.3x62 factory is not cheap!)

Scrummy
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2019 at 07:39
Mornin gentsCoffee

Man, a trip to Holland&Holland's shooting range must have been a treat indeed; with shotguns and rifles in the 5 and 6 digit figures. Did they let you handle any?

I've got a slight cold and Mrs BF wouldn't let me out of the house for most of the weekend, so I didn't get squat done.
I did get to go for a little drive yesterday when the temps got above 45*. I'm really starting to love this new Mustang even if it is a manual. It's just fun to drive, and I haven't even really hammered it yet.
Of course I did get that "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" when I got home.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2019 at 09:01
WHAT!!!???!!
You mean she hadn't battened down the house and changed all the locks???!!!???  Now we know the real reason you won't retire..... Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14551456145714581459 1639>
  Share Topic