OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14601461146214631464 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2019 at 16:32
Ga. Won’t be in FL till the week before Christmas.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2019 at 06:59
Mornin gentsCoffee

Warmed up enough to wash the new Mustang and take it for a short drive.
Went over to a friends looking for some gun parts. Got to talking and it got late, and I drove home in the dark.
First time driving it in the dark. What a set of headlights. I love driving that Mustang

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2019 at 08:51
Most get a walker when they get OLD.....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 02:14
Morning all, looks like it might be a nice day here.

Range day tomorrow. Want to have a bit more of a play with my red dot on my .22lr for the 50m running boar.

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 04:17
Mornin’ all, 47* here this am. Hard to believe!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 06:45
Mornin gentsCoffee

Going from 40s to 32 today. Wind is blowing, and I should have worn my thermals today.

Mike, do you have a match coming up?

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 07:55
Hi BF, there will be a club match in January at some point.

This is just practice to up my woeful scores and trying the Burris Fastfire out again.

Scrummu
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 08:06
no excuse needed Scrummy!  Remember where you are! Wink
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 08:14
Hey I've got a match coming up too, and after my poor start in qualification last week, I need the practice too.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 13:37
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

no excuse needed Scrummy!  Remember where you are! Wink

Noted budperm and thanks for the reminder!

Plus it's just fun to mess around with .22lr!
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 13:38
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey I've got a match coming up too, and after my poor start in qualification last week, I need the practice too.

Always pays to keep the edge sharp, buddy
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 13:40
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Oh it's always good to keep the edge sharp, buddy!

And I bought 500rds of .22lr the other day...

Scrummy
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 15:36
ha, bet I've got at least 10k rnds in the closet.  Had to stock up during the obomanation years...  So what does a brick (500) of 22LR go for in ur neck of the woods?
Seems some sanity has returned to ammo pricing and availability. 
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2019 at 15:39
A brick of 22LR can be once again found under $30.  
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2019 at 10:56
Hi Folks,

Well a fun day at the range. Got the 257 Roberts zeroed in where I like it again, shot the red dot on the running boar target. Was good and shot not far off best ever so hopefully a bit more to come with that. Finally worked out what it takes to get the .44 mag to group well: the forend likes to be held rather than just put on a rest! Can't believe it took me this long to try that.

The below is with 240gr PPU and a Leatherman Squirt for scale and I make group between* 0.62-1.01" @ 50 yds.

*3 shot group, think it's the top 3 that are the last and the slightly separate shot is a patch falling off but even if the group is across the 4 holes still plenty good enough for club comps and hunting purposes. I also think that now I understand the issues with rests I could do better with some more butt support given the very limited lateral spread.

Anyway, a fun day at the range indeed!

Scrummy

Edited by Scrumbag - December/11/2019 at 11:04
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2019 at 01:52
Morning all,

Polling day here! Let's hope that neither that rabid left Corbyn or the Liberal Democrats, who's leader is neither a liberal nor a democrat (note the lower case) get anywhere near power!

Scrummy
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2019 at 08:22
Mornin gentsCoffee

Got my hopes for you and G.B. Scrummy.
Oh, and good shootin too.

Wasn't really here yesterday. Had to work qualifications at the range. I also had to qualify with my new issue pistol and weapon mounted light. Then I had a Dr. appointment. One went well, the other didn't. Don't ask, please.

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2019 at 05:45
Morning folks,

Well, that damned leftist has been kicked into touch and what a relief.

Cheers BF. Had a "barrel clamp" sling swivel arrive this morning and used it on the hanger of the .44 mag lever as a front mount for a sling. Will have to see about getting the butt drilled for a sling swivel now.

Scrummy
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2019 at 19:51
Image result for johnny carson monologue

" Scrummy's having his butt drilled...."     

Image result for audience laughing

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2019 at 03:21
Morning all,

Christmas tree shopping, lunch with wife's school friends and their brats... I'm driving so having to stay sober.... I'll need a rather large "Wee dram" at the end of this.

Ed, we're all fans of a good drilling, tapping and screwing but this is part of the family show, buddy ;)

(JUst joking!)

Scrummy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14601461146214631464 1639>
  Share Topic