OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15521553155415551556 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 13:26
Nice Scrummy. Looks like my Sweet Sixteen... minus the Cerakote.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 14:29
I've been watching "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" on the B&W Movie thread. I can't believe how fast those Brits talk in these movies. But the Colonials in South Africa talked the same way except with a different accent. 

As soon as I can learn to talk that fast ( with overlapping dialogue ) I will go and meet up with Scrummy and everyone will think I am a regular Limey!   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 14:49
Scrummy and England..... - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 1

" How could they miss? "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 14:54
Oww! a single wheel barrow - GIF on Imgur

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 15:14
stiff upper lip dear boy! Quickens the old cadence a treat!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 15:16
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Nice Scrummy. Looks like my Sweet Sixteen... minus the Cerakote.

Cheers bugs!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2020 at 23:09
Dave Granlund – Editorial Cartoons and Illustrations » Affordable homes

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2020 at 10:33
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Dave Granlund – Editorial Cartoons and Illustrations » Affordable homes

The important thing is, "How many acres is it sitting on?".
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2020 at 10:35
Mornin gents.

Scrummy, the A5 looks good.

Current weather here belongs in England.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2020 at 10:37
Howdy Lynn!  How was the weekend?  Notice I waiting to ask?!?!?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2020 at 10:40
Man, my sinuses kicked my butt all weekend...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2020 at 13:17
Thanks BF but I’m afraid we have our own rubbish weather thanks
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2020 at 17:55
Evening gents.

Well Bud, I can't even remember what I did that was exciting other than when Mrs BF and I went out to eat Saturday evening.
We didn't feel like going to a regular restaurant, so we just decided on fast food. Mrs BF chose Qudoba, which is better than Taco Bell, and you can order your food the way you want it. 
Mrs BF ordered and got her food and went to sit down at a table. My order was delayed because they had to make more Mexican vegetables. So I waited up by the cash register. Mean time, a lady comes in and apologizes for forgetting her mask (we're under that damn mask order). The employee said it was okay, and took her order. Then another lady comes in, wearing a mask. After a minute, the lady with the mask starts telling the lady without a mask that she needs to wear a mask, that she might have the Covid. The lady without the mask said, "I don't have the Covid!". The other lady says YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU NEED A MASK. The other lady says, "I work at a hospital and I know I don't have the Covid".Then the other lady says, "If yo work in a hospital, then you REALLY need a mask.
Well you can guess that this argument was going down hill fast, and I was standing between these two ladies of African American heritage. I was starting to come up with a diffusion plan in case they started to close distance to stupidity. Finally the unmasked lady got her food and left (she may of had a comment to the other lady about a sexual act). Just after the first lady left, the masked lady's husband came in ready for a confrontation. Funny thing, the masked lady didn't seem to mind that her husband didn't have a mask.
Bout this time my food was ready to go, so I grabbed Mrs BF, who had been watching the whole incident. I told her I didn't they wanted us to dine in, so we are carrying our's out.
As we walked to the car, Mrs BF said, "I knew you were taking me out, but I never expected to get dinner and a show".
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 05:40
Yeah it's getting crazy out there, Lynn

But I'm betting that if you were out of uniform and without Mrs BF You'd have done a little egging on....
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 05:44
Morning all,

Sounds "entertaining" to be sure, BF!

Scrummy
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 06:30
Tropical storm in the north GA mountains. Go figure. Raining like he!!. 

Good morning gentlemen. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 06:37
Forgot to say, thought I would play around for using a combo conventional optic and a red dot.

For late night pig hunting I think my Swaro 8x56 is the way to go. The problem is that the fixed 8x mag isn't the best for a quick shot if you bump something on the way into the stand / highseat and need a quick, close shot.

So, put scope on .22 lr for cheap practice and see what we can do in terms of accuracy from off shoulder relatively quickly.

So, will see how we do!

Scrummy
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 10:27
interesting, let us know how you do

--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2020 at 10:42
Howdy gents

Bud, I'm too old, and wise (notice I didn't say smart) to get in between to pissed off black women and try to stir the pot. They'd soon forget the mask but notice the cracker. Then I'd have to deal with 3 of them.
Nope, better to remain a spectator/witness, than to become a participant/victim.

Good idea trying out it out on a 22, Scrummy.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2020 at 06:00
Morning folks, rather wet and cold here.

Sadly I am cooped up all day waiting for meetings.

Scrummy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15521553155415551556 1639>
  Share Topic