OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10501051105210531054 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 08:17
Oh...Mornin' Gents.  Looks like this today:

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 09:08
Mornin comradesCoffee

Deck, that sucks about the rain. It's wondering up here too. Not as bad as what your getting, but we don't need it.

Dad started smoking when he was in the Army and quit in his late 40s. He died of long cancer at 93.
For the most part, I didn't smoke. I would sometimes bum a cigarette from a friend until they started complaining (cigarettes were getting expensive), then I would buy them a pack when I visited them. When my friend died with brain cancer, I quit, and haven't touched one since. Sometimes I miss it, but I'm not given in.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 10:14

Visit the Ed Show
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 12:33
The last carton of smokes I bought was at Cannon AFB in the summer of 1985. A carton of Marlboro's went for $5.10 out the door.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 14:15
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2016 at 19:45

The Democrat Party has splashed down into the freaking septic tank---and the Dumbasses still line up to vote for the Communists.  

Khrushchev was right.  They will bury us....

Edited by Son of Ed - June/03/2016 at 12:36
Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 04:52
Mornin' all 62* 0n the way to 75*, another day in paradise.

Prayers for our Brothers in Texas and for the Blue Angel.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 05:06
Morning all,

Having a downpour here in Aberdeen.

Debate really hotting up on whether the UK should leave the EU. What do you guys reckon?

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 05:39
Mornin' Gents.  Scrummy, I'll answer your question with a question:  How many folks on this forum do you think would be willing to live in a country that commits its citizens to be subject to laws enacted and enforced by lawmakers from other countries that may, or may not, be subject to a similar idea of the rule of law and due process?  

When I was in law school, I was clerking at a big law firm in Dallas, and we had this d**chebag clerking with us who was from Stanford.  At the firm-wide clerk retreat, he asked a named partner in the firm and a former secretary of state why he opposed allowing U.S. Citizens to answer charges before the ICT (international criminal tribunal).  The Secretary's answer was simple, and basically this: "I would never advocate letting any citizen of the US, regardless of the severity of their alleged crime, be subject to judgment before a body formulated based on principles other than those that provide the constitutional foundation of our justice system."

I am not an isolationist, but I do believe in the sovereignty of nations, and I am disturbed by the current push by the libs in this country and in Europe to push folks toward an international system of governance.  Just my thoughts.  Others probably differ.

Did that answer your question as to where I would lean if I were a UK citizen? 
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 05:53
That is a great answer Deck!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 05:54
Hi Dec,

Those are mainly my thoughts on why to leave. There are largely undemocratic bureaucrats in Europe who cost a fortune and we have no recourse over at the ballot box. However, we have always been a trading nation and I worry very much about the trade repercussions that might arise out of leaving

Best,

Scrummy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 06:15
Prayers for the soldiers and their families from Ft Hood....

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 06:35
Prayers indeed.  Scrummy, if you have something that others want (in the UK's case, money), folks will always be willing to trade.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 07:45
Deck, the EU buys a lot from us too....
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 08:53
Mornin comradesCoffee

Prayers to the soldiers at Ft. Hood, and the Blue Angle, and to the citizens of Texas affected by the flood.

The fog is just now breaking here, and the high temp should be 82*.

Scrummy, anytime a deal is accompanied with a threat (if you don't stay with us, we'll make it hard on you) then it's a BAD deal (my ex-wife comes to mind), because they will constantly make your life miserable.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 08:58
We Americans are a different lot.  

( That is, if Obama didn't give it away last night!!...) 

Visit the Ed Show
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 09:17

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Since you've got the old iron block 302, you could probably use the additional power.

Well bad news...... re-doing the suspension last weekend I discovered the front shock towers both have the cancer (rust) also full underside inspection reviled leaks at both the front and main seal.  motors coming out and going to the builder for all forged internals possibly building up to a 331... still waiting to hear what numbers I can expect with  a stroker vs a stock with FI.  Once the motor comes out its clean up time in the engine bay, new tubular K member and steel going in.  Paint is delayed until these repairs are done.  I care more about how it performs than how it looks.   Might sand it and krylon it until I can get a paint job now.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 09:30
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Deck, the EU buys a lot from us too....

Of course they do.  But the EU needs the UK, because member nations like Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Croatia, and Cypress need the UK, Germany, Austria, France, Finland, Sweden and Denmark.  Clearly the most robust nations of the UK, France, and Germany topping the list of "prop" countries.  The UK's biggest asset, as I understand it, is the financial support structure, which, ironically, has historically hedged so that if needed, it can revert back to pounds sterling if necessary, and lots of folks never adopted the Euro, just like we Americans never adopted the metric system except for scientific endeavors.

I'm not shocked that this is a debate, quite frankly.  Here in the US, we should be trying to limit our commitment to the UN in my opinion, because we contribute more and benefit less than any other nation.  The true beneficiary are the welfare nations that take the money we put in with one hand and point their finger at us with the other.

Rant over.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 09:36
Sounds just like my son.........

Nothing stays stock..... Bandito
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2016 at 09:40

" 32 degrees freezes water!  100 degrees is HOT.  115 is Phoenix..." 

'' You ever hear of a quarter of a mile? " 

" I don't want none of them Solenoid degrees!! " 

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10501051105210531054 1639>
  Share Topic