OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11511152115311541155 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 09:19
love my 16ga SxS for pheasant and quail hunting at the preserve we go to.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 09:38
Mornin' Gents.  I got a nice O/U 28 ga. from Academy for about $400 this year.  It's not winning any beauty contests, but its a nice utility shotgun for upland birds and dove.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 10:54
Smoothest carry and shooting O/U i ever shot was the Browning 28 g. Then again they'll run you north of $13-1500 and I'm not willing to go near that price as I simply wouldn't use it enough to justify. The Browning belonged to the father of my best friend from the upland preserve I used to guide and hunt at many years ago. He also had a Citori Lightning in 12 g that you literally couldn't miss with. 

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 11:19
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 11:43
Actually looks really nice for a $400 o/u! 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 13:04
It's a pretty good shooter, too.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 13:16
Deck, I have a sample side by side combo set that would look great in your hands. 20 ga. & 28 ga. pretty wood,color case hardened frame ST Estate model by Dickinson Arms. All in a fitted leather case. Fit & finish and checkering is very nice.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 13:28
I bet that is a pretty set, Skip.  Shoot me an email to tell me more about it!.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 14:31
I'm looking hard at the Kimber Warrior SOC. It's been years since I owned a really nice 1911 and I've been reading some really good things. My boss owns a pair of Customs and any time I've shot one they have been absolutely flawless. I could honestly do without the crimson trace but I do like the threaded barrel especially given there seems to be a real chance that Suppressors will be available without a tax stamp if the Hearing and Protection Act goes through sometime this year. Absolutely no reason why the GOP can't ram that through with majorities in Congress. 

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 05:38
Mornin' all, 44* and rain on the way to 52*.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 06:13
Mornin gentsCoffee

Interesting weather day here. Winds 38 sustained with passing showers and 62*. T-storm later with winds gusting to 50+ mph, and temps dropping to low 50s with clearing skies.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 06:55
Raining here as well. Dreary day but warmer. 

I'm narrowing my 1911 search down to the Kimber Warrior, Remington R1 Enhanced and a few variations of Colt in the 1K range. The Remington is the cheapest option and has some really good reviews. I've not shot the Remington but have some trigger time with Kimber's and Colt's. 

Any first hand insight would be appreciated Big Smile
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 08:19
Mornin' Gents.  Was 82* here yesterday, in the 50*s this morning.  Back in the 80*s by week's end.  Hello spring.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 08:29
This gentlemen who doesn't work here just came into our office and then the lunch room and started putting food into a box and trying to leave. Unreal. Loco
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 08:42
Wow, people are bold.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 09:02
At least he was stealing food, and not credit cards and I.D.s from women's purses.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 09:09
The guy from the next office over saw him and asked him what he was doing. I walked over because I wondered who the hell he was. Well this dude apparently was actually visiting on business with our company and had saw stuff in the fridge and thought it was OK to grab lunch (and apparently dessert) and take it to go. 

I seriously couldn't believe what he said, and he was so damn flippant about it haha.  

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 09:29
Mrs BF used to work as a temp, and one time she was working for a large painting contractor (the kind that paints factories, bridges, refineries, etc.). She said the owner of the company would go to the lunch room, go to the refrigerator, go through employee's lunches, and help himself to whatever he wanted.
I think that's when she took up wrestlingClown
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 09:39
Man, people can be dicks
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 11:12
Like Lex Luther's father said, "Son, people are just no damn good......".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11511152115311541155 1639>
  Share Topic