OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697698699700701 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:02
Thanks Deck
And to think, the gorebal warming weenies predicted the hottest summer ever.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:08
ED you know whats really scary?!?!?  I have a sister in the Ft Walton, Shalimar, Destin Area too...
However she'd the braniac of the siblings not the featherhead...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:09
So, Deck, did you go through Dolores to get to Telluride?   
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:10
map of Colorado cities

Or is there a way to get there from Silverton?   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:17
Oh, I guess you can get there from Ouray....I did that back in the seventies, I think.    Telluride is kind of a dead end.  Used to be just a little ole town....now, HOLLYWOOD has moved in!!!   

Visit the Ed Show
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:26
I did go through Dolores.  I stopped just north of Rico and did some fishing on the Lower Dolores with the kids on the way back to Hesperus to have dinner with a friend of my Cousin's.  The Dolores River is gorgeous all the way down from just south of Telluride almost to Cortez.  No fish in the Dolores, but they were there -- just not biting our salmon eggs.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:33
I used to live in Dolores....in 1979 and 1980.  Nice.  It's getting crowded up there now.    
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:42
I was THE VERY FIRST OCCUPANT of one of those motels....they have changed the name of it now.  Anyway, they were still finishing building it when I---EDUARDO--- moved into an efficiency apartment unit.  Bucky

We used to hell raise at the Hollywood Bar and all over.  We even used to party in the kivas of the actual Escalante Ruins before the Government turned in into some kind of Park!!   Cool  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:44

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:46

Umm...........this wasn't there then!!!   Big Grin

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 09:48
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 10:00

" I wonder if they have a display with the ancient bottle of Barcardi that was found among the arrowheads and pottery shards..."   

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 10:53
No but they do have an old boot with fangs....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 11:41
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

I did go through Dolores.  I stopped just north of Rico and did some fishing on the Lower Dolores with the kids on the way back to Hesperus to have dinner with a friend of my Cousin's.  The Dolores River is gorgeous all the way down from just south of Telluride almost to Cortez.  No fish in the Dolores, but they were there -- just not biting our salmon eg

Deck, I would have sent you some Panther Martins and Salmon Eggs if I had known you were going on a Trout trip.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 12:16
Thanks Skip.  No worries -- I only fly fished.  The girls were too exhausted to go to Lake Haviland on Friday afternoon, so we didn't get much fishing done as a family.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 12:45

" Eduardo was only kidding about the Bacardi bottle.  He never would despoil an ancient site.  But they did drink up there like rednecks! "   

" ....In keeping with the Anasazi Tradition, there may have been some peyote being consumed...."    

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 12:47

" Somebody was going to try to fly to Shiprock but they talked him down off the cliff...."   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 12:49

Shiprock, New Mexico    

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 12:51

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2014 at 13:21
Pretty rock Ed.

Lynn, you can have Florida, but you probably wouldn't want it.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697698699700701 1639>
  Share Topic