OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Duck Hunting Trip in Arkansas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duck Hunting Trip in Arkansas
    Posted: December/14/2011 at 14:51
Just got back from a Duck Hutning trip in Arkansas with a good friend from college. Just wanted to share a couple of pictures with you guys.

This was the view at about 7:30 in the morning when it was about 25 degrees.

These were our kills after the last on Sunday before that long drive back to Texas.

Can't wait to go back!

Edited by Dan - December/14/2011 at 14:51

Dan@SWFA.com
Dan View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 15:11
Also these pictures were taken with my cell phone and I couldn't believe how good they turned out!

Beginning to think there is nothing the iPhone can't do!  Big Smile

Dan@SWFA.com
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 15:51
Good shooting Dan, duck breast on the grill, wrapped in bacon and covered in barbecue sauce is as good as it gets.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Dan View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 15:56
Thanks haven't tried them that way yet. Only wrapped in bacon with cream chease and jalapeno, but I'll be trying that this weekend!

Dan@SWFA.com
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 07:13
What part of AR were you in?

Wrapped in bacon and marinated overnight in Italian dressing is good too.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 07:18
Looking good Dan.  Do you guys have flooded hardwoods to hunt as well?
God save the Empire!
Dan View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 08:43
I was up around Jonesboro, AR.
They have a ton of flooded timer where we were at in Arkansas. In Texas we are lucky to still have our ponds and lakes with the drought we've had this year. lol

Edited by Dan - December/15/2011 at 08:44

Dan@SWFA.com
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 09:58
Thanks for sharing Dan. I love waterfowling.
Doug
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 11:36
You were a good bit north of me this last weekend.  We were at our farm between DeWitt and Ethel trying to get my 15 yo daughter on a buck deer.  Saw a good many ducks and tons of geese.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
Dan View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 11:41
We kept seeing a ton of geese way above us. I've never seen so many in my life! I have to say that it is some beatiful country up there. My buddies and I decided that this will be a yearly tradition now.

Dan@SWFA.com
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 22:00
Originally posted by Dan Dan wrote:

Thanks haven't tried them that way yet. Only wrapped in bacon with cream chease and jalapeno, but I'll be trying that this weekend!

Now that sounds really really good!!!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Dan View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2011 at 12:19
Gilled some of them up this weekend. Marinated them all in italian dressing. Half of them with cream cheese and jalapeno wrapped in bacon, and the other half wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce... All were delicious and after about 15 mintues there gone! Even my 9 year old niece who is the pickiest eater I've ever met loved it.

Dan@SWFA.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic