OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mossberg 510 mini

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mossberg 510 mini
    Posted: January/07/2012 at 15:34
I bought my son the mossberg 510 mini shotgun this year in .410 guage. This is a neat little gun and he loves it, but i want to put a scope on it for him to shoot slugs. Anyone have any idea where i can find a mount for this little gun or if they even make one. thank you
michael hudson
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 13:51
Not something I would do but look to see if the reciever is drilled and tapped likely it may be mossberg has been doing that on their 12 and 20 ga models and there is a weaver base you can use. Personally if I put a scope on a slug gun it would be an Aimpoint 9000L in 30mm Warne rings that way it could be mounted a bit forward so it doesnt pop him in the eye. If the reciever is not tapped talk to a gunsmith about tapping it if you must scope it. Id rather see you buy him a .357 or 44 mag lever gun and scope that for a hunting rig. When they are successful hunting at an early age that makes a lot of difference and it doesnt take much being hurt by recoil to spook kids into being shy of anything other than a 22.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
michael l View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2012 at 12:07
thank you for the advice and i checked and its not tapped..i was thinking about the hunting like u said and the reason i decided to just scope the 410 was because it fits him. But that being said im not going all out to set this gun up for hunting because in a couple years he will be going to the 20 guage or 12 depending on how well we feed him lol. I have a 243 that has been cut down to fit my wife, and he is almost big enough for that but not yet...Im with u on moving up slowly, i dont want to start a bad habit like flitching or closing eyes because of kick
michael hudson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic