OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Ranger 1000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 09:19
By the time you buy a few more slightly less expensive rangefinders you have spent much more than the Leica. The Leica is what you will end up with in the end. But by stepping up, you will spend a whole lot more to get there.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
FOsteology View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOsteology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 17:39
I've had various Leica rangefinders. Dumped them for the Zeiss PRF 8x26.

The Leica CRF rangefinders I found to be difficult to get an accurate and consistent reading off hand. I much preferred the previous LRF (square body) as they were much easier to hold and keep steady.

Bunky View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2012 at 14:50
I picked my Ranger 1000 up last night. Holy cow, was I impressed. But considering I have been using a (P0S) Bushnell Yardage Pro this is amazing. While we were out hunting last night I had a chance to mess around with it. It is light, compact, and well built. I was shocked when I started ranging things with it. I could easily range a deer size bush or tree out to over 600 yards. When I started in on the bigger cedar trees, I was able to pick some up 1138 yards.  They were not huge trees either. Very simple and easy to use. And the lens is sweet to look through. Granted, it's not as good as my Swarovski binos, but dang good enough for me. I wouldn't go any other way for the $$$. 
smesk403 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smesk403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2012 at 00:51
you shouldn't have any problem with the Vortex Ranger. good finder for the $$
Bearcatrp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearcatrp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2014 at 18:06
As was posted before, deer are not that reflective, as other makers have same issue. I just sight next to the deer that I know will reflect back. Works. Vortex rangefinder is nice for the money. Shop around and you can find deals on them. Found mine for 50 bucks cheaper than anyone else at B&H Photo of all places.
fishermanhunterguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishermanhunterguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 10:13
Just got my ranger 1000 yesterday. Love it! Gonna be great and get broke in on the golf course this summer before using it in the field this fall.
If your not a liberal by 20 you have no heart. If your not a conservative by 30 you have no brain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic