OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest assembled by Leupold ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 375ruger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest assembled by Leupold ?
    Posted: January/21/2012 at 13:44
Hello,

was wondering if someone can tell me where the Zeiss Conquest are made ...?

a french correspondent is telling me they re made on the main line in Oregon ?

all the best.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2012 at 14:31
Hello 375ruger,
Zeiss repair facility is located in Chester, VA. When they expanded the Conquest line, the press release came from Chester, VA. and that's where all sporting optical correspondence is directed.

http://www.snipershide.com/2012/01/zeiss-introduces-the-conquest-superformance-with-rapid-z/ 

Here's the sporting opticals name/adrs link  for Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. You can ask them yourself.

http://www.zeiss.com/4125681C00466C26/allBySubject/522A82E93E4FF2C785256CB10063E9BB 

Zeiss has USA mfg. facilities for various product lines at several locations.

I would be amazed shocked to discover that Conquests were made on a Leupold mfg. line
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2012 at 14:36
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Hello 375ruger,
Zeiss repair facility is located in Chester, VA. When they expanded the Conquest line, the press release came from Chester, VA. and that's where all sporting optical correspondence is directed.

http://www.snipershide.com/2012/01/zeiss-introduces-the-conquest-superformance-with-rapid-z/ 

Here's the sporting opticals name/adrs link  for Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. You can ask them yourself.

http://www.zeiss.com/4125681C00466C26/allBySubject/522A82E93E4FF2C785256CB10063E9BB 

Zeiss has USA mfg. facilities for various product lines at several locations.

I would be amazed shocked to discover that Conquests were made on a Leupold mfg. line

I believe this Gent has nailed it. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
grumpy04730 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy04730 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 03:44
I might be crazy but when the Conquest line first came out I'm sure I read that they were assembled in the Leupold plant. Until they were established in the U.S.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 05:43
All I know is, when my Conquest failed me, it was sent to VA to get looked at. This happened at least 6 years ago, maybe 7. They replaced it and did so promptly. 

I've never heard of a joint venture with Leupold. 
The Conquest was made to compete with the VX 3's, so I'm not sure why Leupold would ever consider making the Conquest in their plants. Not arguing, Grumpy. 

Leica and Leupold were swapping spit at one time though.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 12:14
Hello all:
Leica had a joint venture with Leupold, some of their scopes being assembled in the Leupold plant.
It did not last very long.
Anyone have any other info?
Thanks
Art
Good day.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 12:30
Crazy stuff made up by the Leupys.  If any of it were true Leupy would be making a scope you could see through clearly. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 15:58
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Crazy stuff made up by the Leupys.  If any of it were true Leupy would be making a scope you could see through clearly. 

Ouch! The new Leupy's ain't bad. Geez.Shocked

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2012 at 16:55
Actually Leupold has been very responsive to customer input in the last several years.  They have a very broad line of optics and have made serious improvements in optical quality and reliability.  I still run two Leupold Mk 4 scopes and have never had a problem with them they have performed very well and have exceeded my expectations for scopes in their price range.  You simply can not expect to get $3000 glass in a $1500. scope.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic