OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA SS Classic Line in Mil/Mil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA SS Classic Line in Mil/Mil
    Posted: February/27/2012 at 04:34

From left, 6X42, 10X42, 10X42SF, 12X42, 16X42 and 20X42.

I didn't take a whole lot of pics of the exteriors since they look the same as they always have except for the numbering on the turrets.  Here are a couple of the Turrets:

They're all pretty much the same.

Here are some shots of the reticles.  Again a gloomy day at the range which made taking good pics difficult--especially with the 16X and 20X so don't try and judge the glass quality from the pics.  Don't get me wrong, these aren't meant to compete with the HD series glass-wise, but they do look better in person than in those pics.

6X42:

Much like the 3-9 with thick posts and solid diamonds:

100 yds:

300 yds:

10X42 (SF and RF look identical):

12X42:

16X42:

20X42:

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 07:12
Excellent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 07:26
Jon, how much elvation do they have? Still about 120 MOA? And are the reticle subtensions the same as there brothers?
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 11:50
Thanks Jon!
Old Mil ftw
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 11:54
Very cool.  These will be a huge seller for sure.  Excellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 12:04
Very awesome! SWFA works great with customer feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great company, Great optic
Dont take yourself to seriously
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 13:25
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

Jon, how much elvation do they have? Still about 120 MOA? And are the reticle subtensions the same as there brothers?

I'll have to get back to you on elevation.  The subtensions are different, with the lower powers having thicker lines and posts, the higher powers thinner.
chase102798 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase102798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 22:17
Are these available now? or down the road?
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 22:33

Jon,

Did you do your tests for tracking, subtension, and reticle cant? 
-Matt
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2012 at 06:34
Originally posted by chase102798 chase102798 wrote:

looking at mid/late spring from what they've announced.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
chase102798 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase102798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 14:59
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Originally posted by chase102798 chase102798 wrote:

looking at mid/late spring from what they've announced.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 15:10
they will be on the site for preorder tomorrow it looks like, Brady announced it earlier today.
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 19:22
Anyone else notice that the mil-dot version of the 3-9x42 has been removed, with only the Mil-Quad version still there?
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 11:33
This is great news. This has been a very hard year for me. Construction went down the tubs in my parts. Lost my job back in August. Have not really found anything in construction management since. Money has been very tight. Well, long story short. When I build back up my rigs, some of these will be my first choices to get back economically. I love the addition of the 12 x. Thanks swfa for making these available (soon Big Smile) in mil/mil.
Gerald Baker
rom69erz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rom69erz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2015 at 08:56
nice scope. waiting mine Clown
'aim hold your breath and fire'
rayfoy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayfoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2015 at 12:49
I recently purchased the SS 10X42 Classic with the Mil Quad reticle. Mounted it on my Marlin XS7VH in .308. Still waiting on my thumbhole stock before I break in the barrel and zero scope. Should be here next week. This optic should do everything I need out to the range of the round. I did plenty of research before settling on the 10X42. The main feature I appreciate is the amount of adjustment on the turrets. Nobody makes aftermarket bases for the Marlin yet, so one is stuck with the factory flat base.Cool
Ain't nothin' but a thing.
fedeviper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedeviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2016 at 08:45
Hi, sorry for the late answer, Marlin use the bases and ring for the Winchester 70 SA, i have a X7VH like you and i use EGW 20moas picatinny base.

Regards
fedeviper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedeviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2016 at 08:46
Originally posted by rayfoy rayfoy wrote:

I recently purchased the SS 10X42 Classic with the Mil Quad reticle. Mounted it on my Marlin XS7VH in .308. Still waiting on my thumbhole stock before I break in the barrel and zero scope. Should be here next week. This optic should do everything I need out to the range of the round. I did plenty of research before settling on the 10X42. The main feature I appreciate is the amount of adjustment on the turrets. Nobody makes aftermarket bases for the Marlin yet, so one is stuck with the factory flat base.Cool

Hi, sorry for the late answer, Marlin use the bases and ring for the Winchester 70 SA, i have a X7VH like you and i use EGW 20moas picatinny base.

Regards
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2016 at 17:14
These are the best value in optics. Bang for the buck is awesome!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic