OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Mk AR zeroing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlo1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Mk AR zeroing
    Posted: March/04/2012 at 15:53
I just got this little beauty for my as yet undelivered AR. Does anyone know how to unlock the knobs to reset the zero mark. I've tried pulling up on them but they don't seem to move and I don't want to yank on them too hard. The owners handbook doesn't even mention that type of knob.
Also does anyone know if the knobs can be replace with open MOA Towers.

< =":.;" name="ok" value=" " ="">

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2012 at 16:19
Welcome to Optics Talk. 

I don't believe those are pop ups. If they don't readily pull up, they ain't "post to".  Wink
I have the same deal with my VX-R 3-9x. Kinda disappointed me when I got mine.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2012 at 17:38
See That little gold ring below the knob it has a V in it you take a pen and rotate it to the ZERO position as the means of re-setting the Zero. They dont pull up. To switch to target knobs will be painful just trade it in at SWFA http://www.samplelist.com/TradeInForm.aspx   and buy this:
PS trade in the 1 inch Armalite mount with it and go to  La Rue Tactical or BOBRO. 
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42MQ
  • Matte
  • Patented First Focal Plane Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 0.1 MRAD
$599.95 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/04/2012 at 17:44

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2012 at 17:42
SWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount SWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount
Stock # - SWFA201300
  • Low
  • Slightly Forward
$209.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
carlo1776 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlo1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2012 at 22:14
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> Thanks guys, I thought that that notch in the brass ring was a little too simple, but I guess I'll live with it for a while. I'll see how it shoots on top of an upper. The Armalite mount should be ok, I bedded the rings with a 1 inch reamer and the scope tube fits solidly. My Stag 8r comes in 2 weeks and I have a sighting in shoot at the range shortly after that so I'll post a mini range report. I would dearly love to shop at SWFA but like my profile shows, I'm in Canada and as far as free trade goes, that just works for Maple syrup and Mountie hats.

Thanks again, gun folks are the best.
Carlo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic