OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x44

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btate868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 12:11
cpwomack, thats good to know. Right now I have read so Many thing both good and bad on both scopes it was kind of a toss up you know. I wish there was a store around here that I could go physically look at some myself and compare. I literally have to go only by what I read online which is why I have a million and a half questions. Southern Cali isnt the best place for these types of things unfortunately. Im gonna do some searching and hopefully come across a store carrying some models of both brands so I can look through.

And regarding the above message, I would obviously get this scope from SWFA if it were in stock. it says the scope is, but its not. I ran across another forum and a guy bought this scope and like 2 hours later received and email saying it was not in stock. Which is the only reason I looked elsewhere. So if this scope is in stock, for sure, I will make the purchase.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 15:59
Does this viper HS LR come in a duplex reticle?
btate868 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btate868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 20:13
Im seeing a dead hold BDC reticle and V-Plex thats all
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 20:32
vplex = duplex,

but the LR is only available in BDC.
-Matt
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 20:41
I"d like to try one, but I don't like the high turret or a "no vplex option" on that LR model.  I don't like the 12MOA per turn on that non LR Viper either.  $100 per custom dial doesn't exactly turn me on either.  That's too bad for me....looks like good stuff. 
btate868 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btate868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2012 at 02:39
Im considering this one still, along with a Minox ZA 5 4-20. I heard the glass is real good and the wires arent to thin. Its a pretty decent price to, on the COMPETITOR site though, for around 500.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic