OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New 30mm AADMOUNTS Available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 30mm AADMOUNTS Available
    Posted: March/23/2012 at 13:12
I know a lot of people have been waiting for these so I wanted to drop a quick note to give people the heads up they're now available.  I think you'll agree they were worth the wait.

I've updated the design, incorporating several of the most common customer requests:

Longer:  With 3.25” between the rings even USO T-Pal scopes now fit easily.

Lower:  The height is now 1.45” from the top of the rail to the center of the scope.

Lighter:  Despite the increased length, I was able to reduce the weight dramatically.  It now weighs a mere 8.7 oz.  This puts it “right in there” weight-wise with many of the lighter mounts, despite being dramatically stronger by most measures.

The weight reduction was done carefully of course, ensuring the massive strength and stiffness people have come to expect from these mounts is maintained.

Alloy:  They're now machined from 7075-T6.  With what I do for a living, I know the infinite number of ways a well designed part from 6061 can be much stronger than a competing 7075 part...but frankly trying to explain that makes for lousy advertising.  Customers want 7075 and since the customer is always right they're now 7075.  Though I will admit, this change was helpful and worked hand in hand with the weight reduction effort so it was a good time to make the switch for this product.

Anti-Cant Bubble Level: This was a very popular request.  Being right in the mount is very handy:

And probably the biggest news is I was able to incorporate all these changes while only raising the price by $30 each.

Anyway, there's more info and pics on my site, of course.  SWFA should have some in stock very soon.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 13:14
Very nice, indeed. I make this a sticky. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 13:29
Looks great Jon.  Aint-cant bubble is sweet add on.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 13:32
very nice.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 13:54
Those bubble mounts are just sick.  Well done.
-Matt
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 14:51
Damn it... now I HAVE to get an AR...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 21:44
Very nice Jon! I have 3prs of the singles which I'm very happy with.Just bought a new RR ar15 & was in the market for a matching 1 piece ring & as luck would have it Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2012 at 22:08
Sweet!
Old Mil ftw
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2012 at 08:56
Very nice product, Jon!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2012 at 13:06
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

Very nice Jon! I have 3prs of the singles which I'm very happy with.Just bought a new RR ar15 & was in the market for a matching 1 piece ring & as luck would have it Excellent

What RR did you get? I've been eyeballing a Predator Pursuit.

Very nice design Jon.  Excellent  They are now on the list. Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Bronson90 View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Stamp Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2012 at 12:49
Very nice!!!
--
Bronson
bronson90@gmail.com

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2012 at 20:56
Bugs I'm sorry I never seen your question.I purchased the ATH with all the goodies.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 13:34
I just bought my first AR - a Colt 6920. I just ordered the Leupold VX-3 1.5-5 scope I wanted.  Back to saving up for a mount - was looking at the Burris PEPR and the Larue LT104 - trying to figure out if the LT is twice as good as the PEPR for twice the price.

Then I stumbled across this damn thread . . . now that's a cool mount! $$
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 13:39
For what is worth, I have been playing with Jon's new mount and I am exceedingly happy with its performance so far.  I have a lot of mileage with his original design and I still use those as well.  Overall, I think the new one is a better fit for the AR platform and the built-in level is a nice touch.

ILya
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 13:43
I might need one of these!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 14:58
man those look real nice
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 15:59
That Is a wicked sweet mount Jon!!!! ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent  Super solid looking and a great touch to add the bubble level!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 18:53
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

That Is a wicked sweet mount Jon!!!! ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent  Super solid looking and a great touch to add the bubble level!

I liked enough to replace the original Aadmount with the new one on my 338LM Desert Tactical.

It is just a touch lower, so now my cheekweld is perfect and the bubble level helps control tilt on longer shots.

I am thinking of getting another one for my 6.5 Grendel AR.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 22:47
+1  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 00:14
Peeker Awesome Mount Jon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic