OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Is there ANY 2X or 3X fixed power scope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 17:09
[QUOTE=300S&W] 
  I'm arduous?   Sad

No, but 300 post threads about Chinese (or anyone else's) politics are. 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 19:26

Just messin' with ya.  Big Smile

VERY RARELY if at all do we at OT get into the looooong agenda threads.

You mentioned the Weaver K2.5 in your op.  I saw one in a classified ad today for $75.  Supposedly in very good shape.  I have one I bought new in the late 60's for my uncle.  He never used it much and it ended up back in my hands 6 or 7yrs ago.  Sent it off to Frank Ruiz in Texas for a recondition before he closed shop.  Cost me,I believe,$65.  That included a ocular lens replacement and a reticle change besides the normal going over.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
wolfee View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 19:40
[QUOTE=300S&W]

Just messin' with ya.  Big Smile

VERY RARELY if at all do we at OT get into the looooong agenda threads.

Hah!  Just start something with a header like "please explain parallax to me" and watch what happens! The last time somebody did that, it almost blew up the entire internet.  In fact, just check out the exchange between you and the rest of the wold from about 2008 about the--you guessed it--Leupold 3X20.

I have no interest in any scope in the world now except the 3X Leupold.  I can't afford 2 right now, but will get one and leave it in my gun safe UNOPENED until I can afford another one to shoot with.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 19:57

No doubt about it.  The low powered variable and fixed scopes do have their fans BUT not enough to give us much of a choosing from the manufacturers as you've found out.  In all honesty though it doesn't take much to satisfy me. I made due with one rifle/scope combo for 25+yrs.  That scope was a Vari-X III 3.5-10x40AO. 

So what are you going to use on your 77/22's in the mean time?
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
wolfee View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 20:46
Well, I got rid of my Leupold 4x rimfire because of distortion.  I don't think it was defective, just cheap.  Now I shoot an old Tasco rimfire 4x (airgun?) scope and a Weaver rimfire 4X.
slimatsea View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimatsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2012 at 20:03
Guys, I'm very interested in this scope. I'm curious about the eyepiece. Is it the same size as the ultralight/rimfire leupolds or is it the regular full size? I want to use alumina flip up covers and I'm curious if my standard one will fit or if I need the smaller size. Thank you in advance for any replies.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2012 at 11:18
IOR Valdada still sells a very good 4X if your not sucsessful @ finding a 3X.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic