OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dog Tales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2016 at 22:26
That was deeply touching Lynn....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2016 at 11:58
Dad had many dogs in his life time, but there was one that he talked about more than others, it was a Collie German Shepherd mix. Dad grew up on a farm so he had chores to do. To make his work easier he made a leather harness for his dog so he could pull a small wagon that dad used to haul small loads. Dad said all he had to do was pick up the harness and his dog came running ready to work. When it came time for a chicken dinner, dad would point out a chicken to the dog and tell him to get it. The dog would catch THAT chicken and bring it to him, alive.
I know that dog was special to dad. About a week before dad died, I took his current dog (a Pomeranian named Punkin) to visit with dad at the rehab facility he was at. Dad would have nothing to do with Punkin, but a few minutes later told me I needed to tie Scout up, and pointed to an area where nothing I could see was. He had to be seeing things I thought. Punkin was with Mrs. BF in another room. Scout was the name of that Collie/German Shepherd mix he had as a boy. At that point I knew dad wasn't going to make it. His dog had come for him, and dad could see him. It was the only time I didn't think dad was lucent. I'm not so sure now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 13:29

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 17:49
         Shocked

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 10:05
My friend is a great shot at something that's standing still, and after the first shot (the squirrel was behind the tree) the squirrel didn't want to set still.
I took a 22 because I don't care that much for squirrel.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 09:31
Still fun though... Did you get any Lynn?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 09:30
3 20Ga shots.... nervous was he.....or blind
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 09:28
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

All 4 of them got bad, BAD gas Saturday evening. Almost as bad as dead deer dog fart gas. I was afraid someone might not survive the night. Just didn't know who it was going to be.

Peddler   

Been there!

Usually caused by chicken or venison scraps!

I found out Cabbage hearts make atomic dog farts....  found out the hard way unfortunately...
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 09:04
Big Grin
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 08:28
"3 shots later....." 

??????  Was the squirrel a ninja squirrel? Hippie 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 07:47
A friend of mine came up Sunday morning and we went squirrel hunting. I took the 2 shepherds with us to tree squirrels. I don't think my friend believed those 2 shepherds could even find a squirrel.
We had come to the end of a path and were talking (we were really just taking our guns for a walk), when Trina and Trooper took off like lightening bolts. I told my friend they had a squirrel. A second later I heard and saw a squirrel chattering and running up a tree. My friend ran over to the tree and 3 shots later from his 20ga. 870 we had a squirrel on the ground.
That was the first time my friend had ever seen dogs tree a squirrel like that. I told him that was ok, it was the first time the dogs ever had a squirrel come down out of the tree after they had treed it.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 06:52
Been there!

Usually caused by chicken or venison scraps!

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2014 at 06:46
All 4 of them got bad, BAD gas Saturday evening. Almost as bad as dead deer dog fart gas. I was afraid someone might not survive the night. Just didn't know who it was going to be.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 17:29
Forgot to explain, orange frisbees for winter and white frisbees for summer.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 17:28
Our three all got new bones and tennis balls and frisbees. A good time was had by all.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 16:32
Merry Christmas To the whole Beltfed Family!  Howdy
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 16:31

EDUARDO!!!

He said "carried on" OVER their bones not WITH their bones!!!  Whacko
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 12:14

Visit the Ed Show
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 12:06
Well it's Christmas time, and everyone is telling about their kids reactions to Christmas morning. Unfortunately I don't have any kids, but I do have dogs, and my dogs are my kids. Like kids, I have discovered that dogs love Christmas too, in fact it was my first German Shepherd, "Trouble" that let me know that dogs love Christmas.
On Christmas morning when the family would gather around the tree to open Christmas presents, Trouble would always get in the middle of all the action. She wanted to know what you were opening and would often pose with you when someone would take your picture with your present. Even with her own presents of bones, rawhides, or other treats she still tore herself away to get her picture taken. One of my favorite pictures of Trouble is of her laying across mine and Mrs. BF's laps as we open presents and she is smiling at the camera. Mrs. BF had that picture made into a portrait for my parents, and gave it to them for Christmas after she died, because they loved Trouble. That picture now hangs in our bedroom.
We Gave new bones to Barkley, Trina, and Trooper, and Punkin got a lamb dick before we opened presents. The way they carried on over those bones you would have thought they were cats with catnip. They really enjoyed their presents.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 07:31
Yeah, Trooper likes the precision rifles for some reason, while Trina prefers CQB stuff like ARs and pistols. Trina has made some pretty good long range shots with her AR thoughBig Grin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic