OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dog Tales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:21
Umm one question though..... 

Who's orange butt plug does Trooper have?!?!?!? Shocked
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:28
Trina has a jealous streak, and when she thinks we're paying to much attention to the pup, he lives a hard life. Trina hasn't figured out that he's going to be as big as her, and I don't think he's gonna back down like Travis did.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:31
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Umm one question though..... 

Who's orange butt plug does Trooper have?!?!?!? Shocked
Eet's thee whone you leave at thee hauseindaBandito
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 11:50
Ahhhh wonder where that got too....

I was thinking Mrs Bf used it to perfect her half Nelson/ full Monty move... Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 12:04
Good to see, Lynn. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 12:19
what the Half Nelson/Full Monty???? Shocked
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 12:48
Great stories, gents!  I love dogs and will never be without one... or two.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 13:20
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Here is Trooper, he is 8 weeks old here.

He definitely has a look of intelligence about him...  That only means he's going to be a handfull until he matures.  Judging from his rather slinder paws I don't think he is going to be that big...

--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 14:19
The breeder said he would probably be about 70lbs. A little small for my liking, but if he is as smart and outgoing as I think he is going to be, then he will be fine.
A friend has his half brother (same dad, different mom), and he will probably be around 100lbs.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 14:53
he just looks smart!!! reminds me a little og a dingo
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 15:07
Mrs.BF said he looks like a dingo too.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2012 at 08:58
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2012 at 09:32
A touching story Ted. Dogs never cease to amaze me with their devotion.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 08:49
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that Trooper just didn't seem to be as active as a puppy his age should be and mentioned it to Mrs. BF. She has since kept an eye on him, and Monday she took him to the vet. When I got home yesterday, I noticed that Mrs. BF didn't look well, and asked what's wrong. She said Trooper's blood results came in, and he is sick. He has anemia, which is what we lost a young German Shepherd to, two years ago to the day. She said that the Vet said he thinks we've caught it in time, but that it's something in our environment that he must be isolated from. I suspect it's persimmons, since that's his favorite unauthorized snack food, and I know they can be hard on a dogs stomach, but it could be anything. Anyway, he has been started on a tonic, and his next blood test is Monday.
Mrs. BF has fallen in love with this pup, and he loves her too, not to mention that Trina thinks he's her boytoy. It would be devistating to both of them if anything happens to Trooper. I'm kind of attached to him too.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 09:05
Time to cut down all the persimmons!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 09:38
Persimmons...who'd a thunk it!  My sister had a lab that loved corn on the cob... and my grandmother had airdales that loved to eat sandcrabs....made them puke everywhere!

Well my prayer list is non-denominational so Trooper is now on it!  It always hurts you see one sick or to lose a child.. two or four legged!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 13:51
After my folks split and Mom moved us back to Alabama, Dad needed a travelling partner for the long drives back and forth from Texas to Alabama. He got an Australian Shepherd named Maisy. That dog had more personality than any dog I have seen to this day. She used to peck at my dads side with her nose to keep him awake while he drove to see my two sisters and I.

One day at the lake house while Dad was mowing in the front, my sister thought it was a good idea to roll her dodge ball down the hill towards the bank. Being the big brother, I took off after it hoping to catch it before it rolled into the water. As I ran down the hill, I must have stepped on a nest of bees because I was instantly covered in them.

All I remember after that is laying on the ground in a ball with Maisy laying over the top of me growling and yelping, but she never moved.

Maisy was the coolest dog I have ever had and she is missed dearly.
She was shot by an angry neighbor because "she was running at him, snarling, trying to kill him",
that was his story to the police...

Dillon@SWFA.com
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2012 at 06:04
Trooper is starting to act more like Travis everyday. He's stealing shoes and taking them to his bed; doesn't chew them much though. He's starting to steal stuff off of the table and counter tops, and this morning when I was pouring a bag of Trina's food in her bin, he stole a big bite of food from the bin. He likes to steal tissues too, and he loves Mrs. BF's mother; crawled up in her lap and gave her a hug.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by dillon_h dillon_h wrote:

After my folks split and Mom moved us back to Alabama, Dad needed a travelling partner for the long drives back and forth from Texas to Alabama. He got an Australian Shepherd named Maisy. That dog had more personality than any dog I have seen to this day. She used to peck at my dads side with her nose to keep him awake while he drove to see my two sisters and I.

One day at the lake house while Dad was mowing in the front, my sister thought it was a good idea to roll her dodge ball down the hill towards the bank. Being the big brother, I took off after it hoping to catch it before it rolled into the water. As I ran down the hill, I must have stepped on a nest of bees because I was instantly covered in them.

All I remember after that is laying on the ground in a ball with Maisy laying over the top of me growling and yelping, but she never moved.

Maisy was the coolest dog I have ever had and she is missed dearly.
She was shot by an angry neighbor because "she was running at him, snarling, trying to kill him",
that was his story to the police...

The police reported, angry neighbor shot when "he came running, snarling, and trying to kill me" the victom stated.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 10:42
Trooper's second blood test came back today; no change. I'm really really bummed right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic