OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dog Tales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 10:52
Prayers sent
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 11:02
Have you been keeping him inside so you can control his diet?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 11:07
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Have you been keeping him inside so you can control his diet?
 Yes. He only goes out on a leash, and is not allowed to eat anything.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 11:10
fingers crossed!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:00
May just take some time for his system to get the stuff out.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2012 at 06:46
We are now giving him a daily tonic and shots twice a week to stimulate red cell growth, and he gets another blood test next week.
It's hard for me to believe he is anemic since he pulled me all the way on a 1.6 mile walk yesterday. The Vet is optomistic, but concerned, so we're no where near giving up. I lost one dog to anemia 2 years ago, but by the time we discovered it, it was really to late.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 07:50
Hope everything is well.
This site opened my eyes, 3/4 of my small wildflower garden was toxic to my pup.
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 08:09
I feel for you,broke my heart the last time I had to put my wifes dog[susie]down.Never ever thought I could get attached to an animal like that.Prayers out to you & the family.

PS:Give St. Anthony a shout he can definetly help you out!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 08:42
About 2 weeks ago we got good news from the vet. Trooper had good reports on his last 2 blood test.
We are taking Trooper and Trina to the vet just to make sure they are ok and for my peace of mind. Trina has been on the thin side, so I want to see if there are any issues or is she burning that many calories.

I was walking the dogs yesterday, when they jumped a deer. After a bit I called them back. Trina showed up, but the pup was nowhere to be seen or heard. After calling for him several times, I saw him running up the bottom of the hollar. I called a couple more times but he couldn't hear me, and kept running. Trina looked at me, and I looked at her and said, "go get him and bring him back". Off she went, and in a few minutes, here they both came, and the pup was glad to see me. I think Trina is getting smarter every day.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 09:09

Cool story.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 11:26
Trina saved the pup a couple of days before that, but in a different way.
I was getting back to the house from walking the dogs. This had been a particullary painful walk because I was wearing my back-up boots that are not broke-in (and probably never will be) and my left foot felt like it was cut in half.
Anyway, the pup decided he didn't want to go in and started running all over the place and refused to come when called. He ran up on the roof, in the front yard, down to phill, then back up on the roof. That's where Trina and I snuck up to the edge of the roof. Trooper was sitting at the front edge of the roof watching us. I knew I couldn't chase and catch him, so I told Trina to get him. She took off after the pup, and he started to run, but she caught him and knocked him down. This gave me the chance to tackle the pup, and have a short little but sincere conversation about obedience. It also saved him from having a conversation between his butt and my sore foot. Trina saves that pup from a lot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 11:35
Excellent
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 12:42

Sounds like anyone kids...acting up.  Cabin fever I do believe!

--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 13:12
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Sounds like anyone kids...acting up.  Cabin fever I do believe!

For the pup, there is no doubt.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 06:54
Took Trina and Trooper to the vet for a check up. Trina had actually gained weight, so no worries there. The vet tried to draw blood from Trooper, but me, Mrs BF, and the vet couldn't hold him down to do it. So after 3 big fights with Trooper the Vet declared him in good health. The vet called him a Tazmainian devel.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 09:23
Takes after daddy.... Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 07:19

I see Troupers training is coming along nicely... Cool

--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 07:31
Yeah, Trooper likes the precision rifles for some reason, while Trina prefers CQB stuff like ARs and pistols. Trina has made some pretty good long range shots with her AR thoughBig Grin
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 12:06
Well it's Christmas time, and everyone is telling about their kids reactions to Christmas morning. Unfortunately I don't have any kids, but I do have dogs, and my dogs are my kids. Like kids, I have discovered that dogs love Christmas too, in fact it was my first German Shepherd, "Trouble" that let me know that dogs love Christmas.
On Christmas morning when the family would gather around the tree to open Christmas presents, Trouble would always get in the middle of all the action. She wanted to know what you were opening and would often pose with you when someone would take your picture with your present. Even with her own presents of bones, rawhides, or other treats she still tore herself away to get her picture taken. One of my favorite pictures of Trouble is of her laying across mine and Mrs. BF's laps as we open presents and she is smiling at the camera. Mrs. BF had that picture made into a portrait for my parents, and gave it to them for Christmas after she died, because they loved Trouble. That picture now hangs in our bedroom.
We Gave new bones to Barkley, Trina, and Trooper, and Punkin got a lamb dick before we opened presents. The way they carried on over those bones you would have thought they were cats with catnip. They really enjoyed their presents.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 12:14

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic