OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Range scope for my M4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2012 at 19:25
Dont take yourself to seriously
fullmetalredhead View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullmetalredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2012 at 22:43
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by fullmetalredhead fullmetalredhead wrote:

Okay, now I find myself wondering if I would have more fun with the SS3-9X42.  Seems like a great all around scope for an M4 and 9x would be just about high enough for precision target shooting at 100 yards.  I could just stick to center of mass shots out past 100.  Plus I get to play around with milling targets and dialing in shots. Hmm.....

The SS 3-9x is an excellent scope to consider. I just finished shooting some decent groups with mine off a .308 bolt gun today @ 100 yards. 

Very nice!  Looks 1/2" or less.  My M4 isn't quite that precise.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2012 at 23:14
I feel relatively certain your La Rue mount will work with the Super Sniper scopes.  I also suggest a 16x or the  3-9  however I would prefer the Mil Quad with 1/10 mil clicks as it is beneficial having reticle and adjustments in the same increment.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
fullmetalredhead View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullmetalredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2012 at 04:07
Is that the LT104 or LT158?  Nice homemade sandbags.  What are they filled with? 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2012 at 05:35
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by fullmetalredhead fullmetalredhead wrote:

Okay, now I find myself wondering if I would have more fun with the SS3-9X42.  Seems like a great all around scope for an M4 and 9x would be just about high enough for precision target shooting at 100 yards.  I could just stick to center of mass shots out past 100.  Plus I get to play around with milling targets and dialing in shots. Hmm.....

The SS 3-9x is an excellent scope to consider. I just finished shooting some decent groups with mine off a .308 bolt gun today @ 100 yards. 

You need to tighten that group up a bit, Soldier...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2012 at 06:58
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless.  Without my rifle, I am useless.  I must fire my rifle true. 

Salute

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2012 at 08:28

If you want to arrange a time you are more than welcome to come fondle my SS 3-9 a bit.  Its on a bolt 308 currently but I can take it off and we can put it on your M4 if you want to test it out.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Motumoyo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motumoyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2012 at 00:04
Range, can not say too much, I took my place and the family land.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic