OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron SII 6x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron SII 6x42
    Posted: June/12/2012 at 18:02
Has anyone used this scope? SWFA has them at a pretty attractive price, maybe because they seem to be discontinued from sightron's website. I have been considering trying out a "fixed 6" at some point, and this looks like an interesting alternative to the leupold 6x36 that also catches my eye.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 21:34

HEY Jason,
  I've never used Sightrons 6x42 but I've got an SI 3-9x40 and an SII 1.5-6x42.  Never a minutes trouble with them.  I'd not hesitate to go with that 6x42 if I were looking for a scope in that configuration. 
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2012 at 22:02
I have not had that one but I have had good luck with the Sightron S1 3-9 that I have and I have had several brands of fixed 6x scopes and just love them.  The fixed 6x is my favorite fixed power scope and I really think its ideal for most hunting that I do.   My 30-06  Tikka has a fixed 6x 42 Super Sniper on it and I had a 6x42 Leupold FX3 on my 300 WSM for a while  and Ive had an IOR  6x42  I really like a 6x.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 07:09
I've got a Sightron SII in straight 4X (not 6X). It's a rather nice little scope, with very good ER. I think it has also been discontinued. The Leupy VX3 is nice as is the IOR. I rather like fixed scopes for many general uses. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 10:57
Looking at the specs (12 ox, 20' FOV) and the fact that it is an SII, that's a really good deal for 190$ish here at SWFA...
jason miller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 12:29
Thanks guys. Don't really have a rifle in need of a scope right now, but I might have to pick one up for future purposes- especially if they're being phased out. Seems there are more scopes I am interested in trying than rifles. Shouldn't that be the other way around? ;)
jason miller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 12:31
Originally posted by brodeur272 brodeur272 wrote:

Looking at the specs (12 ox, 20' FOV) and the fact that it is an SII, that's a really good deal for 190$ish here at SWFA...

I was thinking the same thing. It also has 6.1" of mounting room, which could come in handy on some rifles.

brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2012 at 13:04
If I didn't already have a Swarovski  PF 6x42 and a couple Zeiss Conquest 4x32s I'd be all over this...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic