OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

338 275g ALL LOST AND NOTHING gAINED.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2012 at 21:54
I believe you Art!

Howdy
-Matt
gan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2013 at 22:21
gan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2013 at 22:25
I have tried the 275 in my .338 and it was the most accurate bullet I have ever used in it.  Have dome some expansion tests, and they do open up very fast due to the blunted nose and thin jcaket.  I've never shot an animal with them, but lent my rifle to a buddy once for a black bear hunt and he brought one home.  It is a bit counterintuitive, but I think this slug is at its best against game that doesn't need the .338 power, and may whiz through with little expansion, like deer and average sized bear.  The BC is actually quite high on this one and it sould be ok for at least moderate ranges.  I would like to buy another box or 2 if I could find them!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2013 at 07:59

Howdy WELCOME to OT,gan!

I use the Speer 270gr spitzer 9.3 in my 9.3x62 at 2400fps.  It to if driven too fast will expand rapidly.  No problems at my velocity.............................so far.
  I use to load for a friends 270 Win using a 130gr Speer flatbase at 3100fps. It held up very well with no excessive bloodshot meat.  And I am particular about that.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
rogn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2013 at 14:59
Please be gentle with rant(bcd-etc) as he is apparently at this time off his medication. 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2013 at 15:35
Originally posted by rogn rogn wrote:

Please be gentle with rant(bcd-etc) as he is apparently at this time off his medication. 

And was suspended from OT several months ago.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
rogn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2013 at 17:41
Sorry about that,I didn't see the dates of posts. Just checked on a reference from24 hr. They have been excessively patient with his aggressive drivel. Different board name , but same drivel.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2013 at 21:42
No problem.

Our patience obviously wore thin here.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2014 at 13:00
Originally posted by Rant Rant wrote:

A buddy used the Speer 275 once, I had to follow up and finish with a Nosler Partition 250 grain.
Where did he shoot it???? in the Hoof!

No. The 275 gr Speer just isn't a tough enough bullet. And the 300 gr Barnes Original. 049" jacket was the single most accurate bullet out of all my 338 s followed very closely by the 275 gr Kodiak Bonded Core bullet. I got around 2500 fps from the 300 s and 2660 fps from the 275 gr Kodiak Bonded Core. I haven't tried the 275 Swift yet.
Sometime if u can get a bib brown bears leg bone and saw it in half. You will see why we need TOUGH bullets up here
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2014 at 13:09
Sleep
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2014 at 13:15
Wake up!
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic