OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR-15 Scope help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 14:24
Originally posted by NoTearsOnyDreams NoTearsOnyDreams wrote:

It looks like I'll be purchasing the SWFA SS MRAD scope in a few weeks now, unless I can get any other suggestion that will turn my head. I appreciate all the help. thank you.
Now all you have to do is decide which one.
Fixed or variable?
NoTearsOnyDreams View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoTearsOnyDreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 14:26
I'd like to go with a Variable, but I've already leaped out of my budget range.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 14:27
Have you looked at the Sample List?

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoTearsOnyDreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 14:39
I think I'll just stick with a Fixed scope. Either one of the MRAD scopes. Which one would be appropriate for target ranges 50-150 yards? The 6,10,12,16, or 20x42 scope?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 16:24
6x42 Super Sniper Thunbs Up
Bobro Precision Optic 30mm Mount Bobro Precision Optic 30mm Mount
Stock # - BOBB03201300
  • 30mm
  • Low
  • Slightly Forward
$209.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 16:28
In the 6x  I have the mil dot model and like it real well. There are some slightly used ones or demo ones on the samplelist for about fifty bucks off.  I would rather spend the other fifty on a  hight quality mount like the Bobro I listed above.  You will never be happy with one that works off the carry handle you need to work from the flat top rail up and then at some point consider having BUIS flip up irons.
SPL15346 SWFA SS 6x42 Tactical Rifle Scope DEMO-B
Click to view SS6X42, Matte, Mil-Dot, 30mm
$249.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2012 at 16:34
That's a fact. ^ ^^^Excellent

Hard to beat that combination. 
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoTearsOnyDreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 01:29
What type of Warranty does SWFA provide on their used scopes, such as the MRAD mentioned in the sample list. I was looking at the QD mount from Burris.
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 07:57

I'd like to go with a Variable, but I've already leaped out of my budget range.

Budget - ? - I spent $1100 for my Colt.  It's the $1300 I spent for add ons that emptied out my toy fund . . .  
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 08:04
here is you an option if you want a scope on the carry handle.  just thought of it.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=297345024
Vintage Colt 3x30 M16 Riflescope
Used Condition

This is an original Colt AR15/M16 scope. Made in Japan, these were made in the 70's. They were easy to acquire back then, but have become harder to find with each passing decade. The scope has a built in cam for range adjustment up to 500 yards specifically for the 5.56mm/223 cartridge. This scope mounts on the top rail of the carry handle.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 08:05

What type of Warranty does SWFA provide on their used scopes, such as the MRAD mentioned in the sample list. I was looking at the QD mount from Burris.
SWFA stands behind their scopes 100%.  I've never known then not to take care of any issue.  Their name is their word.  The only thing I think you'd be turned down for would be if you purposely abused the scope TO break it.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic