OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.223 Rem with AI mag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .223 Rem with AI mag
    Posted: August/14/2012 at 19:22
Just the same old .223 Rem "Tactical" I've had for a bit, but I changed out the B&C stock and put a HS on it and a Pacific Tool and Gauge detachable mag system that accepts Accuracy International 10 round mags. 

Went with the ultra reliable AI magazine, after suffering multiple problems getting the stock BDL magazine to feed properly. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2012 at 19:25
Looking good CT!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2012 at 19:28
Thank you, Sir. 

This is the old style HS stock, like the one I have on my Varmint Synthetic (Black Betty). The newer ones have the thick palm swell that I'm not keen on.  
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2012 at 21:40
Very nice. How does the Pacific Tool and Gauge detachable mag system work for you? I have a Rem SS 5R that I have been wanting to change to a detachable mag system. But I am not sure which one to go with.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2012 at 21:46
Nice rifle, buddy!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2012 at 22:15
Sweet!!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 07:20
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Very nice. How does the Pacific Tool and Gauge detachable mag system work for you? I have a Rem SS 5R that I have been wanting to change to a detachable mag system. But I am not sure which one to go with.

This is the first detachable system I've ever had on a bolt gun, so I'm not qualified to say but, this system seems to be of good quality and the mag fits nice and tight with no rattle. 
I too looked at other systems and chose this one due to price frankly. Wink  I paid $125.00 for the system, plus another $40 for the magazine. 

You will probably have to have some material taken out from inside the stock for proper fit, but this is true, as I understand it, with most other systems as well.  
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 08:37
Datz purdy, Thunbs UpLove
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 10:20
That Just Looks Rite !!! Thunbs Up
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 10:29
Lookin goood CTThunbs Up

Let us know how it works out. I've thought about adding bottom metal aqnd a mag system to a couple of rifles, but I don't feel like paying more for the system than I did the rifle.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 12:23
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

Well, it is "right", but wish it were lefty. Thanks, Kevin. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 12:36
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Lookin goood CTThunbs Up

Let us know how it works out. I've thought about adding bottom metal aqnd a mag system to a couple of rifles, but I don't feel like paying more for the system than I did the rifle.

All I can say is that this thing runs like a sewing machine now! No more "bolt ride over"!   
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 13:41
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

Well, it is "right", but wish it were lefty. Thanks, Kevin. 
I keep forgetting your mentally cross dominantWink
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 13:43

Lookin goood CTThunbs Up

All I can say is that this thing runs like a sewing machine now! No more "bolt ride over"!   
So what system did you use, and do you have a link or supplier?
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 14:00
That is a excellent setup.  Price on the bottom metal is also very attractive.

Thought about doing the same with my 700 AAC-SD when I upgraded the stock to the Manners, but like BeltFed, was a little put off when looking at the prices coming from Surgeon, Manners...etc.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 14:08

Lookin goood CTThunbs Up

Quote Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Just the same old .223 Rem "Tactical" I've had for a bit, but I changed out the B&C stock and put a HS on it and a Pacific Tool and Gauge detachable mag system that accepts Accuracy International 10 round mags.

Wink

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/newproducts.htm
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 14:50
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Lookin goood CTThunbs Up

Quote Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Wink

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/newproducts.htm
I see, I see; said the blind manBucky
They don't have bottom metal for SavagesSad, But they do have bottom metal for long action RemingtonsSmile
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 14:57
[/QUOTE]
I see, I see; said the blind manBucky
They don't have bottom metal for SavagesSad, But they do have bottom metal for long action RemingtonsSmile
[/QUOTE]

CDI does.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2012 at 15:00
http://www.rwsgunsmithing.com/catalog/rws-gunsmithing-detach-mag-bottom-metal/

This guy is good to go. I thought I paid $125 for mine and the above is $132, so maybe I was wrong earlier. Still cheaper than the PTG website.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic