OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope/optics solution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1winnen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope/optics solution
    Posted: October/10/2012 at 20:20
Hi. Has anyone tried this or heard of anyone doing it. First I hope I can explain the setup I have on my AK so that maybe someone will give me their comments and opinions. I have a Kilinka Low Profile Side mount topped with a Burris 2-7X35 scope on 2 Burris Xtreme Tactical 1 Inch Matte Black High 3/4" Height Rings. I've also got a Fusion AK-47 Upper and Lower Handguard. My question is this. Would it work and be feasible if I were to put a Truglo Dual Color Red Dot Sight, which I already have, on the Upper Handguard in front of the scope? I've tried it and I can see the cross hairs trough the scope without any interference or obsturction from any other part of the Red Dot sight. Any comments? I should also mention that I do have a Aim Sports Picatinny Base 1" Scopes Adaptor/Adjustable-MT049, coming so I could actually put the Red Dot on top of the scope IF that were a better solution. Thanks.
The Surgeon View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 19:19
Find a 45 degree offset rail that attaches to the main tube of your optic and run a "Micro Halo" sight.

Placing the red dot on top, stacking, might cause you some problems since you are not able to gain a good cheek weld on the stock.  By adding a 45 degree offset rail you are still able to maintain the cheek weld by simply rotating the weapon 45 degrees.

Good Luck!
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 19:58
An example:

Gerry Atric
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2012 at 02:19
I wound up going with a Texas Weapon Systems base and putting a 1-4X20 scope on mine. It greatly increased accuracy and made life with it a lot more pleasurable. Get low scope mounts and get a cheek weld instead of shooting off your chin. I mean if you like shooting off your chin fine, but I thought it sucked.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2012 at 03:38
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic