OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

minox za3 vs vortex diamondback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyp1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: minox za3 vs vortex diamondback
    Posted: October/26/2012 at 06:52
wanting to get alittle feedback on these 2 scopes...can get either one right now for same price..whats your thoughts?
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 09:55
Monox, hands down.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 10:03
I have delt with the diamondback and like it.  Same with the minox.  I think the glass in the minox will far outshine the vortex.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 11:51
I have five of the Diamondacks, and I have been exceptionally pleased with them.

But...in comparision to Minox, there is none. Minox preform flawlessly.  I would definetly suggest the Minox.
billyp1106 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyp1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 12:22
thanks for the feedback....i really like the FOV of th DB...but think the eye relief of the minox would be a bigger plus..othe than better glass
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 16:44
+1 minox
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
911alertme View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911alertme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2012 at 17:22
Just yesterday I upgraded a Diamondback to a ZA5. Not quite what you are asking but close. Since the warranty is the same I would go with the Minox.
Newbweatherby View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbweatherby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2017 at 00:17
   I have a vortex diamondback hp4x16x44 with ndc8 and a viper pat 4x16x44 and lastly a new Minox zx 5ix25zx5x25 with a huge 5ymm objective ?and as far litehgathering the Minox is tops it clarity and image qaulity are great and I haven't seen any chromatic aberrations and mechanicly and repetabity are perfect .
The omly complaint I have on the Minox is the testicles are to fine and are set to 300 win mad with a 180gr bullet for drop points ,so i had to go out and evaluate at the range because 300bee is moving abput 3350 .other that i really love this scope o have a 4bshot group at 200 yarfs just about .5" with yhe minox which i never could do with any of my. Vortexs
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2017 at 02:08
This a very old thread, hailing all the way from 2012.

And I am going to go ahead and assume that is a typo and you meant to say "reticle is too fine".

It is probably the best typo I have seen in a while, though.

ILya
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2017 at 05:33
👍💥
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
James@SWFA View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2017 at 09:45
Excellent
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2017 at 13:10
I have a ZA5 and its fantastic. 

James@SWFA View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2017 at 16:16
For the record I love me some Vortex but have a Minox on my main rig as well.
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2017 at 17:15
Minox. After my car accident I needed a lower powered scope for smallbore silhouette shooting. I purchased a Minox ZV3 4.5-14x44 SF with adjustable parallax. I have been very happy with its performance.
Newbweatherby View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbweatherby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2017 at 23:32
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

This a very old thread, hailing all the way from 2012.

And I am going to go ahead and assume that is a typo and you meant to say "reticle is too fine".

It is probably the best typo I have seen in a while, though.

ILya

My apologies, boy talk about foot in mouth yes I meant reticle and sorry for digging old posts i have way too my much down time if you wish to delete my butchering of the English language yu have my blessings
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic