OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles CL Multizero scopes (UPDATE)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nortac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles CL Multizero scopes (UPDATE)
    Posted: March/21/2006 at 20:44

Hey all, I just heard a Kahles rep describing some problems with the multizero function on these scopes.  Apparently he stated that the scopes were having problems maintaining any one point zero and even though all the multizero scopes were not as problematic as others the problem exist.  Anyway, it was also stated that there was monstrous hype about these scopes when they first came out and that the advertised hype has completely settled down to mostly no advertising from Kahles because of the problem.  He stated if you are having a problem with one of the scopes to return it to Kahles and after a few months it should be repaired.  Problem is, from the way he described it, it's not easily fixed and it seems to be more of a manufacturing flaw issue.  You would think if you spent a grand on a scope it would work as designed but.....

I recently purchased two of these scopes and have yet to use them.  Have any of you heard about this or had any experiences using the multizero? 

Since no one from SWFA cared to respond to this I figured y'all either didn't know or simply didn't care.  Anyway, I spoke to Joel Harris, a regional rep for Kahles, and he stated that indeed there was a problem with the tracking on the Multizero scopes for the first 30 in production.  Apparently, a part of the internal turret system was out sourced and not built in the Austria plant.  Kahles realized the problem and went through an extensive and expensive build up to make the part.  According to Joel, the problem was solved. 

If anyone has any issues with one of the Kahles scopes and feel tracking may be an issue you can call Kahles to check the serial number or send it to them for repair and from what Joel stated if repair is needed it is very quick.

I just wanted to pass this along.

Sakoboy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2006 at 22:32
I have not used the Kahles multi-zero as of yet but I was speaking with a couple representatives for Swarovski and Kahles over the weekend in Toronto. They mentioned that Kahles was dropping the TDS plex and the TDS4 because of their fantastic multi-zero system.... go figure...
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2006 at 07:49
Thanks for the info nortac, I was considering one of these for my next scope purchase, but I was gonna wait about one year after they came out just to see if they had any "bugs" in them that needed worked out. I guess they do.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2006 at 08:06

And where did you hear a Kahles rep?  It's not like they are at every gun show...

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

nortac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nortac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2006 at 08:34
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

And where did you hear a Kahles rep?  It's not like they are at every gun show...

Wiley's Gun Shop in east Texas.  It's not that I am down on Kahles scopes but that I am rather upset for dropping a couple of grand on two scopes only to learn their primary selling point may in fact be unreliable.  I was hoping to hear from some of the SWFA staff and their input into this to see what they may or may not have heard regarding the multizero reliability.  At this point I see no reason in mounting either of the scopes I have until I am assured they are functional or if needed to send back to Kahles for repair.

My previous post was not intended as a flame but simply information I heard which has me deeply concerned about the overall quality of these scopes.

nortac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nortac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2006 at 16:26

Interesting no other comments are being made on this.  I figured someone in the know would know something as to whether there was fact to what I heard or discredit to it.  I guess no comment actually states a lot.

Enlightenment from the Optic Gods would certainly be helpful...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic