OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

"Gig 'Em Aggies!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Gig 'Em Aggies!"
    Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:01
How 'bout a little love for my Texas A&M Aggies! Though unexpected (especially by me), Saturday's upset of #1 Bama didn't happen by accident. That team has been improving every week. They currently have the nations 3rd most prolific offense among Div I-A teams in total yards, and the 7th highest scoring offense. QB Johnny "Football" Manziel has the 2nd highest yardage total among QBs and is 3rd in rushing among QB's. His ability to extend plays and make positive yardage in improvised situations is remarkable, and transcends his numbers. And...he's a redshirt freshman! Their offense has scored on the first possession of every game this season so far. DL Damontre Moore is tied for most sacks. Their two losses were to Florida and LSU, both of which they were leading for most of the game and lost by a combined 8 points. The Florida loss was their first game, with a totally new coaching staff, offense, defense, and starting QB, and even then, they lost by 3 points despite adjusting to a new system and their QB playing his first college game. Were it not for a couple of costly turnovers near their own goal line, they would have likely won their game against LSU. All the experts and pundits said they'd never be able to compete in the SEC.

Sorry...just had to brag a little. If I didn't, nobody else would.Wink

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:18
Wow....what a game!

(Florida...loss.)    
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:22
As a "natural born Texican" I just have to sit back and laugh... while saying "GIG 'EM AGGIES"...
All I've heard is how "out of their league" the Aggies are and how they are going to truly regret coming to the SEC.  Don't get me wrong, I was never an Aggie fan... BUT I AM NOW...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:32
Id say that the Aggies have a very bright future.
Im also glad the Gators don't have to play them now.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2012 at 22:43
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2012 at 15:31
Okay, I was in mourning for a few days! Kudo's to the A & M nation. We had our shot to come back an failed.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2012 at 16:01
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Okay, I was in mourning for a few days! Kudo's to the A & M nation. We had our shot to come back an failed.

With K State and Oregon going down yesterday, Bammers just might be sitting OK if they can beat the Dawgs in Hotlanta, Mike.    
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2012 at 17:23
I hate making this statement   BUT they gotta get by that farmers pasture college down in Awwwburn first.   This is a 365 day blood feud so the records don't count at all.   

But yeah, they play IN T town so they should stomp'em into a mud hole.    Roll Tide!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 08:18
No disrespect intended toward your elephants, Steely; I have a world of respect for the Tide. I'm just proud of my Aggies team who nobody gave the slightest chance of success to at the beginning of the season, and who've been through a lengthy drought from playing quality football.

On that topic, Johnny "Football" Manziel is the first ever freshman in NCAA history to eclipse both 3,000 passing and 1,000 rushing yards in a season. What do you guys think of his chances of winning the Heisman? There's no doubt he's built a solid case for it, but I think the fact he's a redshirt freshman will be a strike against him (though it shouldn't be). Consider this:

Ted

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 11:00
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

...All the experts and pundits said they'd never be able to compete in the SEC...
Every time some dim writer says something like that, you can bet they are smoke blowers without a clue.
Some might say they all are.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 14:22
HeisMANZIEL!!!!! 4600 all purpose yards, beating Cam Newton's SEC record, in his first season...in only 12 games instead of 14 for Cam.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21125015/start-striking-that-pose-johnny-manziel

Any reason why not, fellas?

Edited by RifleDude - November/26/2012 at 14:27
Ted

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 14:47
Those are definitely overwhelming stats for a resume to win the Heisman.

I like the idea of a defensive player winning which is rare and I especially like this guy and the impact he's made for Notre Dame this year. Without Manti Te'o, I don't think they'd be #1 in the BCS rankings and playing for all the marbles in January.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 17:16
Manti Te'o is without a doubt an impact player, and the Irish's best defensive player. Defensive players traditionally are at a great disadvantage for the Heisman simply because there are few stats recorded to quantify what makes a defensive player great. With offensive players, you have plenty of convenient hard numbers like passing and rushing yards, yards per carry, QB ratings, # catches, receiving yards, touchdowns, etc. Plus, DLs and LBs have their own separate awards for the best college DL and LB - the Lombardi and Butkus awards, respectively, so even if they aren't Heisman contenders, they still can be considered the best in college football at their positions.

As far as his impact to ND and their #1 ranking is concerned, the same could be said for Manziel. Manziel by himself accounts for the majority of A&M's high scoring offensive numbers. Yes, they have 2 losses, but those 2 losses were for a combined 8 points against top 10 teams.
Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 18:11
I like Johnny for the Heisman too, but former Heisman winners I believe say they wouldn't ever vote for a Freshman. I personally think this type of thinking needs to be reversed. If the best player that year is a Freshman, let him have it. 

Notre Dame is a paper tiger and is going to get pimp slapped by by the winner of the SEC championship game. They had a big win against OK earlier, but they don't look TO ME like they could stay with the top tier SEC schools, Oregon, or K State.    
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 18:28
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Notre Dame is a paper tiger 

I think they've been very lucky and got at least one bad call their way to beat a certain team from the West Coast. Their "D" is for real and it's mostly because of #5 while their offense hasn't convinced me and could fall into the "paper tiger" category.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 18:38
I thought their offence played pretty well against OK and that's the game that I thought would get them. Defense is pretty good, Mike. 

Here's their record. 

DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Sat, Sept 11-0
Sat, Sept 8
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 18:42
Not very many points scored against them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 18:43
I love the old Irish teams from the day. Lou Holtz, Rocket, Tim Brown, Jerome Bettis, etc. I just can't warm up to this years group. 
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 19:36
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

No disrespect intended toward your elephants, Steely; I have a world of respect for the Tide. I'm just proud of my Aggies team who nobody gave the slightest chance of success to at the beginning of the season, and who've been through a lengthy drought from playing quality football.

On that topic, Johnny "Football" Manziel is the first ever freshman in NCAA history to eclipse both 3,000 passing and 1,000 rushing yards in a season. What do you guys think of his chances of winning the Heisman? There's no doubt he's built a solid case for it, but I think the fact he's a redshirt freshman will be a strike against him (though it shouldn't be). Consider this:

No offense taken, They whipped'em straight up! I was all about McCarron getting his due respect for the Heisman. Now I'm all for your "MAN"ziel getting it, freshman or no.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2012 at 07:31
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Those are definitely overwhelming stats for a resume to win the Heisman.

I like the idea of a defensive player winning which is rare and I especially like this guy and the impact he's made for Notre Dame this year. Without Manti Te'o, I don't think they'd be #1 in the BCS rankings and playing for all the marbles in January.

I agree to above, I do like J football but he dose have 2 L's. I know it was only by 8 points combined by top 1o teams but still loses. Maybe next year. Shocked
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic