OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles K624i vs... everything else

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 11:15
Hey guys..
I spoke with Ken recently..
They have a new email address

kpratt@hpsoptic.com
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 13:49
That's the one I used.  Maybe, as I said to Ken, the 4th time will do the trick.  I have emailed and PMed now on 4 separate occasions, using multiple points of contact, still nothing so far.

This doesn't inspire great confidence.

Stay tuned!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 14:28
Emailed Ken, got an "out of office" response from Jeff Huber saying, "Email Ken."

Round and round the carousel goes!
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 23:10
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

This doesn't inspire great confidence.

I was thinking the same thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 10:33
So, Ken emailed me, I have a few details I did not previously.  Repairs are done in Australia but shipping is not on the owner's dime.  It takes some time, but assuming it is warranty work, they pay shipping.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2014 at 16:47
I have now interacted with both Ken and Jeff, all seems well above board.

I am awaiting a final resolution, will have more details very shortly.

If considering Kahles, buy with confidence.  This started a bit rough, but that seems to have been a perfect storm and not a real problem.

More to follow.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2014 at 11:41
cool..
my interactions with Ken have been positive and I firmly believe his a good guy wanting to do the right thing..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 10:00
An update is in the works.

In short, the gen 1 scopes had a few issues, some worse than others.  Mine had a very noticeable CA and, at range, some image softness.  Inside 300 yards or so, it was good, at and beyond 300, I wanted more detail.

All that to say the gen1 is gone and I now have a gen2 sitting on my 243AI.  I will be fire-forming brass shortly and ringing out the new scope.  

To clarify: my scope was nowhere near what motobie described previously (unable to resolve 223 holes at 100 yards), ,it did have trouble with 30-cal holes at 300 yards - where my 15X Premier had no issues whatsoever.

The quick "bay window" review shows the following:
1.  They got rid of the parallax detents at the yardage marks, which is great.
2.  The parallax adjustment requires less effort to turn - which wasn't a gripe of mine but was of some others.
3.  They have addressed the CA issue, I can tell immediately, but a more thorough evaluation will be coming.
4.  Image sharpness at range seems to be much improved.
5.  Perhaps most importantly, all the things they did right on the gen1 remain on the gen2 - and I have not yet found anything I would have liked addressed on the gen1 that was not addressed on the gen2.  I will post shortly on how well executed the changes work in the field. 

More to follow.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 10:26
Great update.  I still may have to get one of those...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 10:37

An update is in the works.

In short, the gen 1 scopes had a few issues, some worse than others.  Mine had a very noticeable CA and, at range, some image softness.  Inside 300 yards or so, it was good, at and beyond 300, I wanted more detail.

All that to say the gen1 is gone and I now have a gen2 sitting on my 243AI.  I will be fire-forming brass shortly and ringing out the new scope.  

To clarify: my scope was nowhere near what motobie described previously (unable to resolve 223 holes at 100 yards), ,it did have trouble with 30-cal holes at 300 yards - where my 15X Premier had no issues whatsoever.

The quick "bay window" review shows the following:
1.  They got rid of the parallax detents at the yardage marks, which is great.
2.  The parallax adjustment requires less effort to turn - which wasn't a gripe of mine but was of some others.
3.  They have addressed the CA issue, I can tell immediately, but a more thorough evaluation will be coming.
4.  Image sharpness at range seems to be much improved.
5.  Perhaps most importantly, all the things they did right on the gen1 remain on the gen2 - and I have not yet found anything I would have liked addressed on the gen1 that was not addressed on the gen2.  I will post shortly on how well executed the changes work in the field. 

More to follow.

Perhaps, it is time I give Ken a call.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 10:55
Much improved!
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2014 at 23:00
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2014 at 19:37
I had the gen2 out on the range today and immediately saw the improvements.  The CA is definitely addressed, and resolution looks great inside 200 yards (the longest shot I had today.)

Tracking was good, the reticle took a few minutes to analyze but after was good to go.

So far, so good. This is a monumental improvement over the gen1 scopes.  They kept the good stuff and fixed the weaknesses.

More to follow.  Hope to be on a 600+ yard range shortly.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2014 at 03:48
Thanks for the update RC Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Gil P. View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2014 at 15:02

I had the gen2 out on the range today and immediately saw the improvements.  The CA is definitely addressed, and resolution looks great inside 200 yards (the longest shot I had today.)

Tracking was good, the reticle took a few minutes to analyze but after was good to go.

So far, so good. This is a monumental improvement over the gen1 scopes.  They kept the good stuff and fixed the weaknesses.

More to follow.  Hope to be on a 600+ yard range shortly.

What do you think about the turrets? I thought they were a little on the light side when I handled one. What is your opinion on  them now that you've been using the scope for a while?

Easy come easy go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2014 at 15:14
I like the turrets, good spacing, good resistance.  Was the one you handled used excessively?  I cannot comment on how the turrets will feel after being spun up/down 1000 times, but with the 10 or so range trips so far, mine have not loosened.  They are tactile and audible and do not spin without intention.

And sorry, I haven't checked the thread for awhile.
Gil P. View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2014 at 08:04

I handled 2 of them, one of which was a t&e and the other only had one owner who is a competition shooter.

Im glad youre enjoying yours. I really like the AMR reticle that is available with this scope.

Easy come easy go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2014 at 08:44
I like the AMR too, that is what I have now.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2014 at 12:00
What do you guys think about Ken departing ways with Kahles?

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2014 at 12:04
That probably depends on why he left, but I like Ken so I hope he is doing all right.

Who is running Kahles US now?  Did Jeff Huber stay with Kahles?  or did they both leave?

Thanks
ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic