OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Muellar vs Centerpoint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntermax-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muellar vs Centerpoint
    Posted: December/05/2012 at 15:04
Hello, first post. Just picked up a savage 93 .17 hmr and now I am scope shopping. I have it narrowed down to 2. Center Point 4-16x40 or Muellar 4.5-14x40. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with both and if there is much difference between the 2? The centerfire goes for $70 and the muellar for $130. If I go w the centerfire I'd have money left for a bipod. Mainly target shooting and some small varmit hunting. Thanks in advance for any help.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2012 at 16:21
Welcome to the OT! I have actually had both ( mueller was a 3-10x44) and In my opinion the mueller trumped the centerpoint hands down, although the centerpoint actually was not bad at all for the money. 
I would suggest you also look at the sightron scopes SWFA has on sale right now. 
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2012 at 19:17
You are comparing apples to oranges because the $70 Centerpoint is the Adventure Class and you would need to step up to the Power Class to even compare and I would say they're equal.

However, Mueller has a better rep for customer service, etc

IMO, Since SWFA is blowing out the SIGHTRON'S 2.5-10 and 3-9 for under a $100.00, I would take less mag for better a scope, etc

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Eagle

huntermax-4 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntermax-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2012 at 20:44
Thanks guys. I'll look into the sightron. I might go pick up the center point tomorrow just to look it over. With Walmarts return policy I can return it after I get to look it over real good.
huffmanite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huffmanite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2014 at 21:00
About the center point you've mentioned.  Have owned one for at least 4 years now and its been on a half dozen or so centerfire rifles now.  Its stood up to a fair number of rounds fired with it mounted on rifles from 257 Roberts to 30-06s.  Don't particularly care for it's optics and its kinda a backup scope for me.  Whenever I buy a new rifle, it is probably the one I'll put on it, just to shoot the rifle while I leisurely shop around for a better scope.  Darn thing will not lose zero or break in anyway so I can throw it away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic