OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Just ordered my first Cooper!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 22:36
Kudos,hope you have many years of trophy hunting with it.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2013 at 13:19
You're gonna love it. I have two Coopers. Swore I won't cave and buy another, but I see they've brought out a magazine-fed Model 21 (M51). Oh well....let's see: .204 Ruger, Jackson-style stock, 26" fluted barrel with 10" twist....
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2013 at 19:00
Hey guys I made this thread a while back. Let me tell you I'm something ticked off at Cooper right now. Cussing 

I guess you guys can only imagine the disappointment. I ordered this gun from them in January on purpose thinking they'd have it ready by August, in time for our September rifle season. Well come to find out I call 1st stop guns a few days ago to ask them that status of the rifle. The guy said he hadn't heard from Cooper. I called Cooper with my order number and dadgummit they lost my order back in January due to an internet error and them moving to another facility. My rifle hasn't even started production yet but they've been gladly taking my money for additional upgrades they've offered. Mad I may not get it until the season is over. Well how about them beans for dinner. Uggghhh only its my luck some times.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2013 at 19:07
Sorry Obi, I can feel your pain.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2013 at 21:34
Where has the money been going? Sounds like you need to talk to somebody higher up the chain.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 12:30
Sorry about your Cooper fiasco. They still seem a bit disorganized and behind up there. Mine was supposedly a 6-8 month build...it actually took 9 and change.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 12:38
WOW! this does not come at a good time...
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 13:55
I wish I had one for the season! Topping that fine peace of art with a swaro, Huskemaw, Zeiss would up my killing prowess 10-20 fold. ~ the world would be at my feet.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 13:59
Dude.. What in the world are you talking about?
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:01
Originally posted by pc4life pc4life wrote:

I wish I had one for the season! Topping that fine peace of art with a swaro, Huskemaw, Zeiss would up my killing prowess 10-20 fold. ~ the world would be at my feet.

How can you use Huskemaw in the same sentence as Swaro & Zeiss?

Loco
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:02
Forgot to say Cooper sells quality not ability.

Whacko

pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:04
The bling! Man.
Without the bling you WILL wing what ya shoot'n at. ~ why ignore the thought speak.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:05
Roll on Floor Laughing

pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:11
Just like Oakley gear makes a super star out of the average. ~ "Soylent Green" cures what ails ya.
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:20
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

How can you use Huskemaw in the same sentence as Swaro & Zeiss?

Loco

Your missing the point! man.
Its all about the "optics". Confidence in the gear, running with pack, ganging up on those who disagree, so on and so forth. ~ why be the Diamond in the Rough when you can be a diamond among other diamond's.

Edited by pc4life - August/21/2013 at 14:25
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:29

I hated to hear about your gun order, just furthers my belief that they are not all they are cracked up to be ! If you don't know, my Cooper Excalibur has been plagued with problems, been back 3 times to the factory. I would call their customer service "mediocre" at best ! I can't say where I am at with mine right now, since I haven't been able to get out to shoot it. It has practically been totally rebuilt, they have now had every opportunity to fix the "lemon" out of it. Hopefully I won't be posting anymore negative comments about my rifle but until I shoot it a bunch I seriously have my doubts !

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:37
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Where has the money been going? Sounds like you need to talk to somebody higher up the chain.

To 1st Stop. They've called me a few times and said hey, Cooper says they can do this or do that to upgrade the gun and I went with the upgraded options. I got these calls around April because I remember it was turkey season here.

Go figure.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 14:44
Originally posted by cbm cbm wrote:

I hated to hear about your gun order, just furthers my belief that they are not all they are cracked up to be ! If you don't know, my Cooper Excalibur has been plagued with problems, been back 3 times to the factory. I would call their customer service "mediocre" at best ! I can't say where I am at with mine right now, since I haven't been able to get out to shoot it. It has practically been totally rebuilt, they have now had every opportunity to fix the "lemon" out of it. Hopefully I won't be posting anymore negative comments about my rifle but until I shoot it a bunch I seriously have my doubts !

I just took a big gulp reading this. When I found out about all this going down I suggested to the lady on the phone I probably wouldn't be getting the rifle this year. Our season is over Jan 1. She said oh no oh no it can be done before then. It kinda spoked me the way she said it, like it might be a rush job and I certainly don't want a rushed lemon. I'd rather for them to do it right and just miss the season without it. Whatever
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 15:43

Your missing the point! man.
Its all about the "optics". Confidence in the gear, running with pack, ganging up on those who disagree, so on and so forth. ~ why be the Diamond in the Rough when you can be a diamond among other diamond's.

pc4life --
RE: "Soylent Green," "up my killing prowess," "bling," "thought speak," "make superstar out of average person," "world at my feet," "running with pack," "fine peace [sic] of art," "ganging up on those who disagree," etc....

I can't tell if the obvious sarcasm and satire you're using in the past dozen or so posts is intended to be humorous and general in nature, or if you're slamming someone or a particular group of folks in particular. Are these posts intended as a commentary on consumer trends overall or fellow Optics Talk members?

Never mind the fact that Huskemaw doesn't belong in the same sentence as the other brands you mentioned... what's wrong with someone simply appreciating a well-made, well-finished rifle that shoots well, deciding to pair said rifle with a nice scope, and appreciating same? Is it not possible for someone to spend more on certain types of gear simply because they place a higher value than others on specific attributes of a product or see real performance advantages to doing so?  Are you saying that only people obsessed with status and trying to impress others buy high end gear?

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 15:46
Originally posted by cbm cbm wrote:

Wilson makes the barrels.

Wison Arms or Wilson Combat ?

Eagle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic